Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Bike Won’t Start

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  UKTRIUMPHGUY 
#1 ·
Hello,

I recently purchased than laid down my bike. Minor incident with just small cracks in the stator cover. Bike ran and started normally before the incident. Now that i’ve replaced the stator cover. The bike didn’t want to start. So i changed the battery thinking that was the issue. The bike starts with a jump from another battery but doesn’t start now with a new battery. Any tips on how to troubleshoot or problem solve. Thank you

#3 ·
The bank angle sensor, or tip-over switch, is a simple thing, it doesn't need resetting and the fact that the bike started pretty much takes it out of the equation.

If the bike starts with a known good battery (the jumping battery) and doesn't with a "new" battery it can only be the battery. Even if voltage shows good it can still not be providing enough amperage to turn the motor over. You getting any clicking like sound when you try?

#5 ·
I once bought a new battery that had a dead cell from day one. Had it load tested and they gave me a another new one that worked fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.