Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Kolob Canyon is off I-15 between St. George and Cedar City, Utah. It is part of Zion but receives many fewer visitors as it is just a small portion of the entire park. The road is about 6 - 7 miles long, a series of gentle curves that turn into mild switchbacks. The climb is fairly steep. There are a few pullouts along the way, some lead to trail heads others are for photo ops. I try to go there once a year to renew my National Park pass. It's an easy 1/2 day ride from where I live.

This time I took the Honda because it is warmer on cold days. The summer months in Zion are the prettiest IMO, but snow adds a nice perspective and dimension to landscapes that in harsh light can flatten out. There are two more paved sections in the park itself. I'll ride them later this year, take pics, and post an update to this thread. In the meantime, enjoy a few snaps from my recent trip.

·
Premium Member
2004 Daytona 955i, 2018 Indian Roadmaster, 1980 CB650C in resto
17,811 Posts
Boy that's pretty. I'm a sucker for Navajo sandstone. I cant' wait to see Zion! Is that a new windscreen you've got on there, Cat?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Nice pics Cat. I've got to get back down south.

·
Registered
217 Posts
myself and a couple of lads will be passing through Zion (via rte. 9) in about 10 days and i'm excited!!!!! thanks for the pics!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts