Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys think these Zards would look good on the Thrux?

I'm having a hard time seeing it. I've always been kind of attracted to the oldschool-but-with-modern-upgrades look, so I'm intrigued.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I have been mulling over Zards on my TBS so yeah I think they would be cool.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I think those Zards look great. Maybe the best looking exhaust I have seen so far for a Thruxton. The cross version 2-1 looks very good too. I prefer the look of a smaller, shorter muffler. I don't mind mixing a modern look and classic look. In fact, I try to do it. But it looks like the Thruxton rearsets would move your boot heels closer to the mufflers. Hard to tell from a picture if it would be too close or if it would work fine. I bet it would work.

·
Banned
798 Posts
Does nothing for me.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'd like to see them on a bike with a rear fender deletion and clip ons..
I agree that they would look great all blacked out too.

But who cares, it only matters if you like it. :cool:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Gave it some time, nope don't like em' , prefer Pred, TORs, and stock style.

·
Banned
798 Posts
The problem with that look, to me, is the design of the reverse megaphone. If it just ended like a slash cut or even just stopped like straight pipes, I'd be all over it. But that shape is inconsistent with the Thrux's mojo. Works on an S3 probably, but not for the Thrux. But if you like it......

Like Rodney told the judge in the golf pro shop (Caddyshack)...Sound

·
Registered
315 Posts
the cross version they have isn't terrible, but the rest of their stuff looks like*****.

it's not that they look modern, it's just that they look awkward and out of proportion with everything on the bike.

[ This message was edited by: Fast_Fashion on 2006-11-28 18:14 ]

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sure, even though they are inconsistent with the look.....

I think all black would be sick.
To each his own...right?

I am more partial to the high pipe idea though
These are still my effing favorites.....

Man I love the Sharks........sorry :drool:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

These look great in this picture, but other pictures leave me feeling lukewarm about the Sharks. I don't like the weird kink that makes them look bent, as if not installed correctly. And they only look good (to me) with the fender eliminatoer kit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
On 2006-11-28 21:38, tham wrote:
Sure, even though they are inconsistent with the look.....

I think all black would be sick.
To each his own...right?

I am more partial to the high pipe idea though
These are still my effing favorites.....

I get the feeling that my bum would get a little toasty with those.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Never seen Zards before as things are a little less accessible in Africa. We pretty much have to make most things ourselves. I'm working with my tuner to have something very similar custom built. Basically two cones attached to one another. The first silencer cone will start around 150mm in front of the Thrux foot peg - that's in front of the under-bike mounting. It will then (effectively) kink and be welded to a second cone (an extension of the first) and run for 400mm finishing in front of the rear shock as I want to be able to get to my compression/rebound adjuster on my Nitros while the bike is hot! It's pretty difficult with long tapered reverse cones! Headers are going to be short, swept back over the casing Triton style. I'm hoping that the shorter headers will improve mid range. Probably have the numbers after New Year. The overall silencer length will be some 60mm shorter than my current set up and the header length about 150mm at least shorter. Noise may indeed be a problem- we'll have to see.

·
Registered
959 Posts
On 2006-11-28 11:09, Mancha wrote:
You guys think these Zards would look good on the Thrux?

I'm having a hard time seeing it. I've always been kind of attracted to the old school-but-with-modern-upgrades look, so I'm intrigued.

The units would look good on a s3. Here, the mufflers just look awkward. To short, to fat and the slash opening is just plain fugly on a Bonnie/ Thrux. It spoils the lines of this Fine Looking Motorcycle :cool: :cool: :cool:

Some of you guys will like them and install these pipes. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

May the Swartz be with you.

Steve Gears and all things mechanical. :yayyy: :chug: :yayyy:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts