Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys
I really like the look of the zard, but also the blueflames, I bought the blue flames awhile ago, but also I've bought the license plate eliminator kit, now the plate is hidden behind the pipes.

Is it worth reselling the blue flames and getting the ZARD or is it worth doing a custom header and trying to move the flames down to reveal the number plate?

Basically is the performance of the Zard worth the $ loss of the blue flames on resale value?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the blue flames as well and I really like them. I have taken a real liking to the looks of the M4 pipe though. They have a great sound and are cheaper than a zard, I actually think they look better too. mmmmmmmm........carbon.......

·
Registered
644 Posts
Is the plate totally obscured? Would you not get away with it? I thought the blue flames exited near the stock cans? Need a picture, just bin your plate :-D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stay tuned for piccy

·
Registered
492 Posts
sell your blue flames , buy a titanium AG Hammer exhaust , full system
by the way , hate it becuase its light weight upsets your bikes handling , and I will trade you my zard , cause Im a nice guy :-D

·
Registered
33 Posts
well.....if any of you are gonna sell your blueflames.....let me know........since i dont have a plate on my bike it would work out for me......... :-D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really its shots like this that make me think the Zard is the way to go, are there any dyno performance stats or graphs you guys know of for the zards?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I only have one dyno chart for the Zard full system - so for me, the jury is still out. It shows the Zard (with PCIII tuning) compared to stock. It shows a gain in top end performance, but the low and midrange are lacking. But one graph does not mean much.

Contact Steve Larson - the ZARD USA distributor.

I am still waiting on charts from anyone with the M4 or other low mount systems - with or without tuning.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks devious.

Here are the promised pics for those trying to see my prob, you can see in the first one a small yellow edge behind the bottom of the can

The other is from rear of the bike, causes a small issue.

·
187 Posts
Not sure how the "HP / dyno" conversation got here, but an open hole is an open hole when it comes to slip-ons...

I really don't think there is ANY difference in the performance of the Zard slip-on compared to any other "race style" slip-on (other designs might be less), so the question is about what you like the looks of when it comes to race slip-ons.

If you want to get into the "overall" performance, you have to say that the Zard is lighter (one can vs. two), carries the weight lower (better for handling), more central (better for handling) and looks better (my opinion :-D , sorry these convesations get so serious sometimes!) . So if "flow" is going to be the same with any race style can, then these are probably the only performance factors to consider?

Blue Flame does not make a full system that we know of, so there is no comparison there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So now that your done with the shameless plug steve, howabout you post the dyno chart for the full system, and lets see whether that DOES compare to any of the slipons that are out there?

If the zard full system is half decent, we should see it with leaps and bounds over any of the other slipons.

While your at it can I get charts of the rocket ones aswell, seeing as I have a rocket and a speed triple I might aswell see the performance of both and buy both, so long as there is some substance.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
an open hole is far from just an open hole when it comes to slipons, watching wayne mcdonald the tuneboy tech I have personally seen the difference between a simple poorly designed cat box remover and a well designed cat box remover it WILL make a huge difference.

Not all holes are equal, this is why we men prefer women, not girls and not grannies.

Again my question was:
"Basically is the performance of the Zard worth the $ loss of the blue flames on resale value?"

·
Registered
242 Posts
just ordered my zard but i just went for the slip on. although bumping performance is great and getting the full system, i think going 138 is performance enough for me. i like the sound and look of the zard so i figure why not?

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have Arts and a Zard and have to say they are both the biz.
I like the look of the Arts but also the naked left side with the Zard.
But sound wins it for the Zard anyday. Use a slip on and you can switch over in 5 minutes.

MH

1 - 16 of 16 Posts