Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although our company is well know in the Speed Triple section of your forum, we thought we would let you know that Zard Exhausts is expanding the Triumph portion of their exhaust line, as the Speed Triple design has been one of our best sellers to date.

We have just shown our newest at the Milan Show last week, the hottest of which was the unique design for the 675. We thought members might be interested in considering a high quality and distictive option for their machine which offers not only great sound and Italian style, but performance as well.

Not sure on the rules for uploading photo's of products, but if anyone would like images please email us and we will be happy to send them to you.

Just thought we would "slide over" from our Speed Triple world and let you all know about the coming Zard designs. If there are any questions please feel free to ask and we will do our best to get the answers for you.

Steve Larson

·
Registered
603 Posts
Will should be able to advise on what is acceptable regarding posting by vendors etc

Seen the triple Zard and it's hot!

·
Super Moderator
8,713 Posts
I sent him a PM.

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another set of photo's, you can see the tail kit included with the full system:

That should give everyone a pretty good look at the design, let me know if you have any questions!

Steve Larson

·
Super Moderator
8,713 Posts
And, to answer any question about whether Steve and his company support the site, I can now say that, yes, they do. I am really looking forward to finding out what that system does to the power curve, whether it is road legal in Europe (that will tell us for sure how loud it is), and what it weighs. Oh, yeah, and how much it costs! That is a really big factor in how interested I might be. :razz:

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have received pricing information, and will be getting this to you soon.

I am trying to put together a "prime the pump" deal for everyone, but have to convince the bosses that it will be worth doing. It is "winter", so maybe I can entice you guys to do some advertising for us out in the real World so that when Spring arrives, we can move along with some speed at normal prices...

Let you know soon, probably later today of what I can convince them of...!

Steve

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK everyone, here is what we have so far:

T-675: Est. 2007 Retail $1,500.00

So here is what I have gotten them to agree to:

1) VERY limited time only, orders must be placed with us before the ending date, which they are telling me will be BEFORE the end of the year. No specific date, just when they decide they have sold enough to have "primed the pump" and it is time to get the dealers back on with us.

2) Inventory is due to arrive mid to late January, we will keep you informed

3) We will give 7 days notice to the end of the sale so everyone needs to keep an eye on this thread if you are holding out.

4) There is to be no whinning after the boss says to push the prices back to retail. Sorry, it is a limited time offer and we have to get our dealers back in the game for the season.

What I convinced them of is that we can spend lots of money on advertising and marketing, or we can just give customers the discount and let THEM tell everyone about the product.

If it works right, some people up here will get VERY good deals on a VERY good product. In return, they will say what they wish, which we are hoping is all positive and wonderful. This will give us more "real" marketing then any ad is capable of, and there is nothing better then the personal testimonial.

We get the 675 product line up and running with customers BEFORE Spring arrives, thus customers will already be talking about Zard when season hits, meaning we can sell them LOTS of stuff at regular prices. Which is an additional bonus to our retailers, they have a product which customers are already asking for, which is the best advertising money can buy.

Lastly, any issues, fitments to accessories (rearsets, sound issues, installation tips, etc) can be worked out here in the off season, again helping Triumph riders and Zard with any details or questions that people have.

We help you, you help us, everyone is happy...

So here we go:

T-675: Holiday Sale $999.95

Prices do not include shipping, we are in Chicago so ground to most places will be around $25...?

Hope you understand and like what we have done here, maybe the Internet can start a whole new way for products and customers to meet up...

Let me know if you have any questions.

Steve Larson

·
Super Moderator
8,713 Posts
Price sure beats Arrow!

So, some questions-

1. What comparison is there between the Arrow and Zard in terms of weight. Arrow is silly light- I assume Zard is a little heavier, but a whole lot ligheter than OEM- any info you can release?

2. Sound! It will probably sound great, but how loud is it- will it have a street baffle, or better yet, a removable baffle so it can be tuned to the owner's preference?

3. Mapping- will it use a map that can be loaded using TuneEdit or a PowerCommander, or will it use the Arrow map?

4. Will it have a fitment for the O2 sensor?

Lots of questions. Zard probably already thought of them, but there are a couple of months of prototyping left, and they are in Italy.

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On 2006-11-27 16:53, Will wrote:
Price sure beats Arrow!

So, some questions-

1. What comparison is there between the Arrow and Zard in terms of weight. Arrow is silly light- I assume Zard is a little heavier, but a whole lot ligheter than OEM- any info you can release?

2. Sound! It will probably sound great, but how loud is it- will it have a street baffle, or better yet, a removable baffle so it can be tuned to the owner's preference?

3. Mapping- will it use a map that can be loaded using TuneEdit or a PowerCommander, or will it use the Arrow map?

4. Will it have a fitment for the O2 sensor?

Lots of questions. Zard probably already thought of them, but there are a couple of months of prototyping left, and they are in Italy.
What we know so far:

Should be very close in weight to the Arrow, remember the Zard is not using all the tube up to the underseat, and the mounting hardware should be substantially less.

Yes, every Zard so far has used the removeable baffle (db killer) insert, we have not been told that this one is any different.

Power Commanders and Tuneboys will probably be the choices, maps will come as the tuning gets done by us or customers, whoever is quicker! :-D

Every Zard to date has always had provisions for the O2 sensor, again we have not been told any different on this one.

Hope this helps, I am waiting for the specs to come to us as well, and even asking for a pipe so we can do our own testing.

Will keep you all up to date...

Steve Larson

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As you have asked for!

The first dyno graphs have arrived from Italy, these are in kW which converts (close enough) to HP by taking the number and adding 34%. All bikes are different, and all dyno's read differently, so it is best to use this for the change "one to another line", and not try to compare this bike to another bike on a different dyno.

Our understanding is that there is no Power Commander or TuneBoy here, so adding a correct map should help a bit more.

As you can see from this graph Zard is showing some very serious gains (6-8hp) in midrange and upper midrange power, and not just top end. In the world of 600cc performance, this is the hard part of pipe design as these motors are very high strung, and although getting redline HP is easy to do, building power all the way up means the design is quite well thought out.

The latest update is that the systems will be releasing from production the end of December for early January delivery, just in time to get the machines ready for the first days of Spring!

We are working to get the rest of the information for you on weight and such, but thought this might answer more then a few questions on just what the system can do.

Let us know if you have any questions, happy to find answers for you.

Steve Larson

B

·
0 Posts
If anyone knows where I can find a sound file,
could you direct me towards it??

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, Italy does not have any sound files, so as soon as we have the systems in we will get these posted.

Steve Larson

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Happy New Year Everyone!

The Zard Winter sale is now ending, we have a full shipment so it is time to end the offer. If you wish to place your order please contact us as soon a possible.

We will end of the offer on January 4th, for the many of you who have placed your orders thanks very much, we look forward to shipping these out late January.

Thanks again, appreciate all the comments and feedback!

Steve Larson

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We have been told February 9th the shipment will leave Italy, we should have them 3-5 days later to begin shipping out to everyone.

I will keep on the order and see if anything changes, but wanted to give everyone the information which I have been given. I would have to say that we are probably 90% good with this date.

Thanks, please call us if you have any questions we can assist you with.

Steve Larson

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just wanted to alert those of you who have been waiting so patiently that the Zard 675 race systems have shipped out of our North Amercan warehouses, and you should be seeing them in the next couple of days!

Very much looking forward to your comments, sound files, test results and photo's, please remember to include them to me so I can add them to our gallery and pass them on to other customers.

Also, do not hesitate to contact myself our anyone here if you have questions or installation issues, we are trying to source a local bike to get a first hand try at this as well.

Thanks for your hanging in there the couple extra weeks, now we can all let the fun begin!

Steve Larson

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thought everyone might like to see the very cool replacement undertail kit which comes with the Zard Exhaust, pretty nice looking...

Undertail cover, license plate bracket and the small piece in the back left is the mounting bracket from the can to the bike. Nice bits of "classy" detail for the machine, don't see much of that anymore.

Steve Larson

1 - 17 of 17 Posts