Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the 2-1 High system on the Thruxton, looks like Italy only had the one racebike for the photo shoot:

Steve Larson

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And the 2-1 and 2-2 Black system, available in standard finish or the black finish:

Let us know your thoughts!

Steve Larson

[ This message was edited by: SteveLarson on 2006-11-28 19:45 ]

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I love the look of this 2-2. It is a good compromise between having the full race look of the high pipes and still being able to carry a passenger. Steve, is there a way we can get those rearsets in the US? It looks like they would give your heels a little more room above these mufflers than the stock Thruxton rearsets.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Great looking pipes Steve,

Could you please post information about those rearsets on thi race Thruxton and were to get them?

Also any Dyno and Torque curves available for these various exhaust systems?

Cheers...................Agro

·
Registered
421 Posts
Okay, I take back the comment on the pipes in the other forum. The high risers and 2into1 look pretty good. I prefer a cleaner finish however, I like a used look for a race bike, but...

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 2 into 1 look's awful close to the oil cooler....maybe it's the photo.
It is the photo, clearance is there.

Could you please post information about those rearsets on thi race Thruxton and were to get them?
I will see if I can get the name of the race team that owns the bike, they can probably answer this question for you. Zard was the National sponsor for the Thruxton series, but that is not "our" bike, it belongs to a race team.

Also any Dyno and Torque curves available for these various exhaust systems?
Looking to get those, but really want to get the pipes on bikes here in the US and do our own testing. More "real world" for everyone.

Anybody in the Chicago area with Thruxton who would want to assist with a Trofeo dyno test? Be the "god" to all the Bonneville forum members who really want to know about Zard? :-D

Speed Triple guys know us already, time to bring the rest of you in!

I prefer a cleaner finish however, I like a used look for a race bike, but...

I was happy just to get the photo's, this is Italy you know!!! :-D Seriously, as you can see that is a real racebike with real race use on it, so I guess in one sense it shows you what they would look like after some of the heaviest abuse you could ever throw at them!

Steve Holiday Price?
Yes, but I am going to get fired for how much time I am spending on the Triumph boards!!!

I will get this posted soon, I believe the Trofeo is the only one not on the other lists already? Give me a bit here and I will post them all for you.

Thanks everyone!

Steve Larson

·
Registered
959 Posts
On 2006-11-28 17:29, SteveLarson wrote:
Here is the 2-1 High system on the Thruxton, looks like Italy only had the one race bike for the photo shoot:

Steve Larson

I have always been a sucker for high pipes. This unit is coolness of cool.

Steve, gears and all things mechanical.

:yayyy: :chug: :yayyy:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think you'll have ground clearance problems with the low exhaust in racing applications, but both high pipes look functional.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
And maybe no one will complain about blueing!
Those pipes look bitchen on the race thrux. The raw look is nice on a race-prepped bike.
I bet they sound amazing. Like, totally breakin-the-law amazing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts