Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Alright we have something!!!

The Zard 2-1 high mounts are due to release and ship to us on April 13th, which means we should have them on the shelf somewhere near the 19th or 20th...

One down, three more versions to go! :-D

Steve Larson

· Registered
152 Posts
Any new news about the 2-1 Scrambler Zard pipes? I'm interested in a sound bite or first hand experience in sound.

Also, any install or fitment issues? I see the 2-1's have their own rear bracket instead of the drop down bracket of the stock bikes.

Can a passenger still ride with the Zard high pipes installed?

Thanks much!
cw

· Registered
16 Posts
Hmm, a bit late to this thread, but it seems to me that scrambler owners are not bonneville owners because they prefer the dual upswept pipes, reminiscent of the old trophy. Moving the pipe down (especially) or combining the two pipes into one remove a lot of the bike's charm (IMHO).

· Registered
94 Posts
Hi all,

I just thought I'd add a few notes on the Thruxton 'Trofeo' high level race system I have, and what I've found whilst fitting it.

The construction quality is great, really nice steel and bending quality. The welds are excellent, and for a SS system the weight is good too.

The fit up was generally okay, the brackets mounting to the engine covers were perfect, and the header brackets were fairly close once on the head. The fasteners however were a total mystery as there are no instructions available for the trofeo system, and there's a good dozen turned ally bosses and rubber bushes, so I had to guess. Which I did, and I don't think it's right, but seems to work.

The silencers fitted perfectly over the headers, but there were no clamps in the kit, so I bought some.

There is a bracket which fits under the seat and has ears poking out to attach the silencers to, just behind the shocks. This wouldn't fit at all. The hole centres and bends were fine, but it needed a large amount chopping away to clear the frame rails and the ignition box. I'm thinking of making my own mounts going off the upper shock mounts, as I'm a bit worried after chopping so much away.

In order to run, this system requires removal of the airbox and side covers. So I've not run it yet, only fitted it up as I'm waiting for british customs to send a set of new carbs/filters and intake ducts.

I'm generally happy, and I know that this system is designed with the racebikes in mind and I assumed some fettling may be needed, but the lack of instructions on the assembly process of the fixings and the rear bracket's fit up was a little disappointing. That is if I'm fitting it up correctly anyway, without instructions I'm not sure.

I still can't wait to fire it up once it's all together though!

· Registered
152 Posts
Just a bump to see if anyone has tried the Zard exhausts. I'd like to get a confirmation on the 103db level for the Scrambler exhausts. Seems a bit excessive for a street bike - but if there are baffles that can be put in...

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.