Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the 3 versions for the Scrambler...

Steve Larson

[ This message was edited by: SteveLarson on 2006-11-23 11:27 ]

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have received pricing information, and will be getting this to you soon.

I am trying to put together a "prime the pump" deal for everyone, but have to convince the bosses that it will be worth doing. It is "winter", so maybe I can entice you guys to do some advertising for us out in the real World so that when Spring arrives, we can move along with some speed at normal prices...

Let you know soon, probably later today of what I can convince them of...!

Steve

T

·
0 Posts
Hi, I like the high level pipe, not keen on the low level versions though. BUT what I really want is a single high level pipe on each side of the bike, any chance of making a set like that? I currently run Thunderbike mufflers and camshafts with Keihin CR's on my scrambler. Twin high level pipes would get me to open my wallet again though. Does anybody know if anyone makes them?

I remember them on the 1961 UK export Bonneville fitted with what looked like Tiger Cub silencers. Looked and sounded great. :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Steve, the high pipe set is very interesting indeed... I'm likely to go with Thunderbike mufflers I guess though, seeing I live down here, though they wind up being a grand $NZ (US$ c.650) or so I guess. But saw (and Heard!) them racing in Invercargill on the weekend, pretty impressive...!
What sort of price in $US are you thinking? Also what breathing/jetting needs to be done as well?
thanks - Pat

T

·
0 Posts
Hi,
On 2006-11-27 15:12, sweatmachine wrote:
teen, how do you like the thunderbike parts? Cams is what I'm interested in, did they give the gains you expected for the $$$?
[/quote
Well I have added the performance parts in stages, due to availiabilty of parts rather than any plan. This has given me an insight how each stage has affected performance. Removed air injection, no difference. Cams arrived first and fitted to otherwise standard bike. This gave a small but noticeable improvement, then arrived the Thunderbike mufflers and removed snorkel, another small but noticeable improvement. Then fitted Air box removal kit with Kehin Crs another improvement. The jetting on the CR's is not correct as they came and I am working on this at the moment. Altogether a big improvement but you do need the whole package to get the full benefits. I am used to R1/ GSXR performance and the standard power output from the Scrambler is pathetic for a modern 900 twin. So I was desperate to find some extra go, is it worth the money for the performance parts, depends how desperate you are. The bike is a lot better now with lots more torque and hopefully will really come into its own when I have the correct jetting. Also I hope to get the head flowed/ increase compression at some time to assist the cams to do there job.
Anyone fitting cams should be aware that the oil feed banjo bolts are extremley weak with a ridiculously thin wall thickness. Best get a couple to replace those you remove as they dont like being 'tightened' twice.
]

[ This message was edited by: Teen on 2006-11-27 15:59 ]

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are the Zard Trofeo's used in the Italian Cup series, is this what you are looking for?

Yes, these are for the Thruxton, anybody know if they will fit the Bonneville?

Or the Scrambler?

Steve Larson

[ This message was edited by: SteveLarson on 2006-11-27 16:06 ]

T

·
0 Posts
On 2006-11-27 16:04, SteveLarson wrote:
These are the Zard Trofeo's used in the Italian Cup series, is this what you are looking for?

Yes, these are for the Thruxton, anybody know if they will fit the Bonneville?

Or the Scrambler?

Steve Larson
Thanks for that Steve, but the styling is not right for the Scrambler. My ideal would be like the high level pipe you have shown at the beginning of the thread for the Scrambler but instead of a two into one, have a seperate left pipe following the same lines as the right pipe. If you see what I mean.

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for that Steve, but the styling is not right for the Scrambler. My ideal would be like the high level pipe you have shown at the beginning of the thread for the Scrambler but instead of a two into one, have a seperate left pipe following the same lines as the right pipe. If you see what I mean.
Understood...

My thoughts would be that this would be a very good looking exhaust, but price is already a tough subject and two of these only doubles everything! :-D

Steve Larson

[ This message was edited by: SteveLarson on 2006-11-27 17:29 ]

T

·
0 Posts
[/quote]

Understood...

My thoughts would be that this would be a very good looking exhaust, but price is already a tough subject and two of these only doubles everything! :-D

Steve Larson
[/quote]

Well you already have two header pipes just need to bend the left one differently then add an extra muffler same as the right one, easy, please! :)

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK everyone, here is what we have so far:

Scrambler 2-1 High Version: Est. 2007 Retail $1.049.95

Bonneville 2-1 Cross Version: Est 2007 Retail $979.95

Bonneville 2-1 Low Version: Est 2007 Retail $999.95

So here is what I have gotten them to agree to:

1) VERY limited time only, orders must be placed with us before the ending date, which they are telling me will be BEFORE the end of the year. No specific date, just when they decide they have sold enough to have "primed the pump" and it is time to get the dealers back on with us.

2) Inventory is due to arrive mid to late January, we will keep you informed

3) We will give 7 days notice to the end of the sale so everyone needs to keep an eye on this thread if you are holding out.

4) There is to be no whinning after the boss says to push the prices back to retail. :-D Sorry, it is a limited time offer and we have to get our dealers back in the game for the season.

What I convinced them of is that we can spend lots of money on advertising and marketing, or we can just give customers the discount and let THEM tell everyone about the product.

If it works right, some people up here will get VERY good deals on a VERY good product. In return, they will say what they wish, which we are hoping is all positive and wonderful. This will give us more "real" marketing then any ad is capable of, and there is nothing better then the personal testimonial.

We get the Scrambler product line up and running with customers BEFORE Spring arrives, thus customers will already be talking about Zard when season hits, meaning we can sell them LOTS of stuff at regular prices. Which is an additional bonus to our retailers, they have a product which customers are already asking for, which is the best advertising money can buy.

Lastly, any issues, fitments to accessories (rearsets, sound issues, installation tips, etc) can be worked out here in the off season, again helping Triumph riders and Zard with any details or questions that people have.

We help you, you help us, everyone is happy...

So here we go:

Scrambler 2-1 High Version: Holiday Sale $769.95

Scrambler 2-1 Cross Version: Holiday Sale $679.95

Scrambler 2-1 Low Version: Holiday Sale $699.95

Prices do not include shipping, we are in Chicago so UPS Ground to most places in America will be around $25...?

Hope you understand and like what we have done here, maybe the Internet can start a whole new way for products and customers to meet up...

Let me know if you have any questions.

Steve Larson

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I honestly do not know for 100% sure but would bet it does. This is part of our "holiday sale" reasoning, to work out some of the side questions...

But as long as you don't damage the system (back to us "new" so we have no problem re-selling it) we will accept it back if it does not...

Work for you?

Steve Larson

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Are the Scrambler "high 2 into 1" available in a "headers only" version? I can make my own can,but I do like the look of those headers.The "cross" versions still leave me cold. Sorry.

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On 2006-11-28 10:12, rodburner wrote:
Are the Scrambler "high 2 into 1" available in a "headers only" version? I can make my own can,but I do like the look of those headers.The "cross" versions still leave me cold. Sorry.
We have not even manufactured the first batch and you guys are already wanting us to part them out!!! :-D :-D :-D

Don't know, let's get them rolling and see where we end up. I would guess that at some point there will be an ability to do this as the can would be a useful spare for crash repairs and such....

Steve Larson

1 - 20 of 53 Posts