Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

ZARD aluminum side panels?

3K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  CapsFanBen 
#1 ·
Has anyone bought and installed these ZARD Aluminum Side Panels on their T100 or T120?

https://shop.officineitalianezard.it/en/triumph-side-panels-zard/

Comfort Composite material Eyewear Plastic Automotive exterior

If so, what's the opinion? Good looking once installed? Worth the price?

I've not found photos of these actually installed on a motorcycle, so I'd love to see how they look on your bike.

I have a 2020 T100 in the blue/white color scheme and thinking these might look nicer than the black plastic with the white text on it (who picked that font, by the way?).

See less See more
#4 ·
Have to admit they looked a lot better with my friends bench seat on but alas, didn’t jag a pic.

They are costly but I just couldn’t vibe with the stock ones.

Gimme a tic and I’ll find the pic of a gent who got the black ones. Look mint!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Thanks @Clancy oto ! Really appreciate the photos.

I just couldn’t vibe with the stock ones
100% agree 🙈

I've now started thinking I'll maybe go with one of the many black options, for fear of the aluminum not matching the other aluminum on the engine, and also for fear of it standing out too much and detracting from the overall look on my particular bike.

On your Street Twin it does appear to match your tank paint very well - looks great with the mostly-black engine.

#9 ·
Thanks @Clancy oto ! Really appreciate the photos.

On your Street Twin it does appear to match your tank paint very well - looks great with the mostly-black engine.
Brushed aluminium was just a temporary thing until I decided on pain but seems to suit fine for now.

Also just to confirm the Alo’s cafe and Zard side panels are the exact same product. Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I have similar side panels by Alo's cafe and they are great. However, as you can see in the pictures above, the smaller panels reveal some less that pleasing looking parts of the air intake. I have painted the intake manifold black and put some black heat-shrink tubing on the wires to the throttle body, and I'm currently looking at having someone make a metal cover for the awful black plastic circuit board on the throttle bottle.

Long story short--the panels look way better than the stock ones, but I found myself needing to do more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.