Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2003 Kawi Z1000 Saturday. I couldn't help it...I am still riding the S3 though.

But the Z1000 looks kill! Power is down when comparing low - midrange, but past 7k and it is no contest for the S3

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Hey, if ya gotta good deal onnit, the more the merrier.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Besides, Kawasakis have their advantages...

·
Registered
436 Posts
I like Kawis but the Z1000 isn't my my thing. If you like it thats all that matters. If I was going the Z1K route I would have gotten the 07 version with the 04 based ZX10 motor in it vs the 953cc ZX9 based motor version. But there are some stonkin deals out there on the previous gen Z. Leftovers can be had for $6k or less.
Either way pony up for exhaust both versions require the removal of stock pipes to avoid humiliation.

·
Registered
984 Posts
So... Have you thought about what you're gonna do? Teach Japanese to the trippy or engrish to the kawa?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I sold my Z1000 to buy my speedy. No way I would ever go back to the Z. To me the S3 is hands down a better bike. The suspension is far and away better on the S3. No bad vibes on the S3 either. Top end might be a bit lacking compared to the Z, but I think its just more noticeable on the Z as it has no power under 7,000 rpm. Where as the Speedy is constantly pulling from 3,000 to redline.

I though the Z looked cool though. Esp after getting some aftermarket slip ons for it. But I love my S3.

-Jay

·
Registered
637 Posts
There's nothing wrong with having multiple rides...as long as you ride them all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts