Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
The YTX12-BS is indeed the battery fitted to carbed models from the beginning of production until the EFI models came in around 2008-2009.

On those it was replaced by a slightly smaller one, the YT12B-BS, which is 18mm narrower, this created room for the EFI system's ECU.

Following starting problems the Factory carried out some mods to the airbox and wiring layout to make room, once again, for the original YTX12-BS. This happened around 2011. On the SE model, for example, this was from VIN number 463262.

Note that the Yuasa site search feature is not very good, at the moment it gives me a YB9-B for any year, you might as well ask the cat...:)

http://www.yuasabatteries.com/powersports.php
So it means that twiking a bit we can fit the larger battery into the Bonneville se 11 model correct?

·
Premium Member
20,738 Posts
So it means that twiking a bit we can fit the larger battery into the Bonneville se 11 model correct?
The 2011 models probably come with space in the airbox moulding to accomodate the larger battery, I think. It depends on what airbox was fitted, there are two listed in the parts diagrams, like this:

Also two different batteries to match:

No details of VIN numbers on those listings though, but I believe that the larger battery and airbox to match came into the SE from VIN number 463262 (check the last 6 figures of your VIN number).

21 - 23 of 23 Posts