Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Occasionally I do EBay searching for parts and I always see shocks listed for our Bird by both Wilber and YSS. Out of curiosity I called Wilber USA and the sales guy told me they have several options and that they sell both Wilber and YSS.

Just curious.. does anyone have any experience with them.. good or bad?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I had Wilber shocks on a BMW R1100RS. They were great.

This space intentionally left blank.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had Wilber shocks on a BMW R1100RS. They were great.

This space intentionally left blank.

Oh the guy I spoke to was from a place in CA called the "Beemer shop". He said there are 2 options from Wilber.. one is $749 and that's a basic model with preload only. Then there's the 640 model which has preload and rebound adjust.. for $999.

Then he said another option is the YSS Shocks which were designed by the same guy that designed the early versions of the Wilber's. They are basically a "copy" of the Wilber's with preload and rebound. They're $499.

Anyway.. I was just curious. I was thinking of getting the Hagon Nitros but thought I'd explore my options first. I like the looks of both the Wilber and YSS but haven't heard of anyone using them yet.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1998 T595 Daytona 2014 Kawasaki Ninja1000ABS
7,982 Posts
My friend has a Wilber shock with ESA on his BMW RT. It was a replacement for the stock Sachs shock that started to leak before its time. He's impressed with the shock. BMW wanted over $2K for an oem replacement. My friend convinced them to send the shock to CA for the ESA to be installed onto the Wilber shock. With shipping both ways, the total was less than $900.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts