Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed there has been a recent flood of Speed Triples selling in the classifieds section of TRat. They are mostly post-2004 models. So what's up with that?

Is this forum just too much for the faint of heart (I like to think so:D), or have the 'new' body style owners come to realize that the pre-'05 models are better looking? :p

·
Registered
848 Posts
For many, it's probably the economic downturn's effects on those that still have loans on their bikes and need to get rid of that payment.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
An interesting question. However, it may simply be the season. What better time to sell a bike than at the first of Spring? On the other hand, I try to buy bikes between Labor Day and Presidents Day when people find themselves in a bind and I can help both of us out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For many, it's probably the economic downturn's effects on those that still have loans on their bikes and need to get rid of that payment.
There's a lot of great deals on motorized stuff right now. I picked up an 03 quad a few weeks ago for peanuts. Bad economy and the first thing to go is peoples' toys. I'm thinking of buying a used dual sport or dirt bike soon. The Missus can drive the quad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts