Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Well hopefully after i get back from Iraq i will have saved enough money to get a new thruxton maybe an 07 model or if i cant maybe i will have enough saved to get a good used one, either way i am going for the thruxton

·
Banned
798 Posts
Since I already have a Thrux and an S3, I'd have to say the Tiger (it'd replace my Concours as a touring rig).

kjazz

·
Registered
519 Posts
Since I will never sell my Thrux, my next Triumph will be in addition to...

Either a Daytona 675 for me, or maybe I would buy a Tiger or Bonnie for Dad. He gets jealous watching me ride.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Like everyone else, I'm keeping the Thrux.

If I were to add a second bike, it'd be a Bonneville black set up for cruising and touring. Airbox/AI elim, TORS, Corbin saddle, pullback drag-style handlebars, up a tooth on the sprocket...Up to this year, it would have been a T100, but since the basic Bonnies now get the 865 motor...

·
Premium Member
9,797 Posts
I have not seen any new offerings from Triumph that I would swap my TBS for.
If I was living on the mainland or back in Australia, a Rocket might be a possibility.

If Triumph comes up with something like a cross between a TBS and a Rocket, I would be really tempted.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
If we're talking about adding another Triumph (because there's no way I'd get rid of my Bonnie) -- I'm actually not sure. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a low-mileage TBS or Sprint RS.

If I could only get a new Triumph, I'd probably choose the new Tiger. I'd love a Speed Triple, but I'd need to immediately replace the seat with something more bench-style that I can slide back on, and the handlebars with clip-ons or clubmans. I don't really care for the compact, upright seating position the stock seat and bars force me into.

--mark

·
Registered
421 Posts
I would keep the Thruxton and wish the would bring back the TBS so I could mod it.

However as odd as it seems, I would like to give the Speedmaster a go...

Rocket - to me fugly, great power etc.
America - never got it
Daytona - been there, loved it, would get in trouble
Tiger - missed the mark for me, was hoping a bit more dual sport
Bonnie - I have a Thruxton
Sprint - hmmm, sport touring is an interesting option as well.
Speed Triple - muuaha ha ha ha ha, muah ha ha

[ This message was edited by: boboso on 2006-11-29 13:57 ]

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'll be keeping the Thruxton, my wife loves it as well if not more then me!!!! This summer I may look to sell her hawk and go after a T Bird for myself......... now as far as "new"? sure wish they'd build some more Trophy's !!!! Guess I'll have to buy used.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It would be another speedy as I did own 1 but found it a bit tame really cool looks though.
In the shed is a wrecked bonnie in pieces I am currently doing mod on cylinder head to be fitted to thruxton so when I have finished thruxton maybe I will buy another speedy do up bonnie engine raise compression mod heads bigger valves My thruxton has 39m FCR carbs so maybe try 41m flat slides then put engine into speeeedy

·
Registered
17 Posts
It would be a Sprint ST for me.... I would keep the Thruxton for shorter runs and get the Sprint for the longer stuff. :-g

·
Banned
798 Posts
On 2006-11-29 14:19, robnobrakes wrote:
On 2006-11-29 13:55, boboso wrote:
However as odd as it seems, I would like to give the Speedmaster a go...
Odd you should suggest a Speedmaster. I want to give one a try as well.

My Thruxton will never be sold.
I was at the shop today looking at one of those, a "hardly" used SpeedMaster (9 miles, no kidding, on the clock). $7200. Seems like a deal, but I ran out of garage space. Anybody need a TY250, CB450 or a XT550 or all three?? Wife says sell before buying....

kjazz

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'll chime in. It would be the 07 Tiger for me. In black. I've got the TBird for the classic/cafe vibe and the Trident is sporty enough for me. The Tiger would be great. From what I'm reading, it's the fun of the Speed Triple in a more "all-arounder" package. Sounds good to me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts