Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out years after the fact that my father put me on the tank of his Vincent Black Shadow when i was about 3 years old, he told me i sat on the tank with a big smile and held on to that big speedo. One hell of an impression cause ive been in the wind ever since! The Triumph America speedo reminds me of the Vincent!

My first bike was a 125 Suzuki, my first street bike was a 1971 BSA 650 Lightning. Still have the zook, wish i had the beezer!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
1950's [I guess since it was about 1957] harley service car my old man brought home from work. My brother and sisters and I were on back and Pop tooled around the field behind the house. I fell off - seem to recall feeling pretty upset by that, LOL!

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
At 14 I had a minibike and would ride all over town with a few friends, being careful not to get caught by the local PD. :D

At sixteen I got to ride my cousins Honda 175...it was the first motorcycle I road. :rolleyes: When I hit highschool I was able to get a Yamaha RD 350 after much wrangling and convincing of my father to allow me to get it. I felt bad shortly afterwards when he had to go to the hospital and the guy in the bed next to him was admitted after a bad motorcycle accident.

Just a little difference from my first bike to my current R3.....:eek:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
First ride

A motorized bicycle, found a used engine that was a bolt on conversion for bicycles, put that together into a nice little buzz around bike. From there.....rented Honda "Dream" bikes 150cc and so on.....

·
Registered
890 Posts
First ride was on a .....Pony....Later about age 12 I got a mini bike with a big ole 3 and 1 half horse power briggs and stratton moter in it that did every bit of 28 mph but felt like 40 and I have been hooked every since:D

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
First ride was on a .....Pony....Later about age 12 I got a mini bike with a big ole 3 and 1 half horse power briggs and stratton moter in it that did every bit of 28 mph but felt like 40 and I have been hooked every since:D
Breezer thank you I make no apologies for my first pseudo motorcycle. :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
1933 Indian Chief, but never got spark and fuel to marry

up. Next was 1936 Harley 74. That was 1955.

Disliked Harleys since.

Clyde

·
Registered
272 Posts
An early 1960 something Honda 160 dream. My girlfriends fathers bike. I was 17 and did okay in a time when MSF classes were unknown. Only thing was, I wound up dumping her off the back end when I let the clutch out too quick.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Something a bit like this. With major components held on with bailing wire, round an old sandpit on the edge of town!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My first ride I believe was on my brother's 250 Yamaha dirt bike. I think I was around 12 and it was way too big for me.

My first owned is the 2009 Bonnville T100 I just picked up yesterday. :D

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Jan 1971 on the back of my buddy's Royal Enfield Crusader Sports (I never rode on a British bike again until Feb 2007 when I got my Sprint!) up & down an English country lane.

Jul 1972 my first ride at the front end was on my first bike, a Suzuki B100P :eek:.

DaveB.

·
Registered
425 Posts
1st ride

My 1st ride was on a Triumph as a baby in between my mum & dad, only form of transport in those days.

·
Registered
890 Posts
My first ride I believe was on my brother's 250 Yamaha dirt bike. I think I was around 12 and it was way too big for me.

My first owned is the 2009 Bonnville T100 I just picked up yesterday.
Welcome aboard Samuel,

Triumph semi-Truck came to my local dealers last summer and I had a chance to test ride a T100-Very nice bike, Iwas impressed. Now if I can just convince my wife that I need another bike......

·
Registered
145 Posts
First Ride

My first ride was on the back of my dad's Motto Guzzi... 125 I think. He progressed upward with a Harley 250 Sprint, then a Benelli throught the early 60s. Later, Junior High, I rode through the woods on the back of my buddy's Honda 90 Trail. Didn't own my own until my early twenties when I bought a single-barrel 250 Yamaha.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
First ride

My first ride was on a wood seat that fit over the handlebars of my older brother's bicycle.I was 5 or 6 and riding that way was fun! He is 9 years older than me and has always been good at making things from wood. It even had little arm rests for hanging on. Later on when I was 9 I inherited his bicycle when he got a car.

My first motorcycle was a 1954 650cc Triumph I bought in Decatur(did I spell that right?), Illinois in 1963. I was in the USAF at the time and I went with a friend to a bike shop to look at a used bike they had for sale. And there it was - chopped rear fender, generator removed, megaphones with no baffles. My friend wanted something newer, but when the shop owner cranked it up that Triumph had me hook, line, and sinker. I had it until about 1972.
My second bike was (still is) a 2006 Red/Black Bonnie T100.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts