Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Since we are dreaming, Ducati 916, decent power, timeless looks, and can go the distance.
Sorry to disappoint, but around 10 year's ago i traded my hayabusa (which i was bored of) in for a lovely red 916 Ducati, it was great on the test ride.. but come Sunday evening ( collected on the Saturday) i was thinking what a dreadful mistake i had made ..
On the Tuesday i called the dealership, and made the deal to get my busa back, i lost £700 in the week Lol, i wanted something to ride day in day out and the Ducati 916 was lovely to see in my garage but i hated it.. a Monster would have been a better choice.
Year's later i know have a 885 steamer that i'm turning into a Special.. love the triple noise , will make my own and look something similar to this.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Sorry to disappoint, but around 10 year's ago i traded my hayabusa (which i was bored of) in for a lovely red 916 Ducati, it was great on the test ride.. but come Sunday evening ( collected on the Saturday) i was thinking what a dreadful mistake i had made ..
On the Tuesday i called the dealership, and made the deal to get my busa back, i lost £700 in the week Lol, i wanted something to ride day in day out and the Ducati 916 was lovely to see in my garage but i hated it.. a Monster would have been a better choice.
Year's later i know have a 885 steamer that i'm turning into a Special.. love the triple noise , will make my own and look something similar to this.
I don’t see any problem with a 916 for day to day. I like the seating position of sport bikes. I very much dislike sitting upright.

Funny story. Back in the late 90s the BMW MOA president and her guy friend both rode a pair of 916s from Missouri to BMW moto rally in GA. Some of the BMW faithful were very upset.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don’t see any problem with a 916 for day to day. I like the seating position of sport bikes. I very much dislike sitting upright.

Funny story. Back in the late 90s the BMW MOA president and her guy friend both rode a pair of 916s from Missouri to BMW moto rally in GA. Some of the BMW faithful were very upset.
Year's later i bought a year old Gsxr 100 K5 .. this example, i toured on that .. to Cornwall and Wales , 105mph in 1st gear
126 in 2nd
153 in 3rd
172 in 4th
I won't go on , but disaster striked at Donnington motogp 2007, looked out the window to a space where it was stolen. grrr.. a sportsbike change my life even split up me and a bird at the time (paula lol) long forgotten.
The Gsxr was amazing could do everything.. the 916 was slow uncomfortable and expensive(i was gutted)
20171015_172252.jpg
20171015_172336.jpg
, just sayin .. have a nice day.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Well, BMW's S1000RR has its origins based on the K5 GSXR. Not a fair comparison to the 916. Very different rides.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like test rides.. forgotten about the bmwwwes will have to pop into my local be ems ..will do a littleresearch 1st mind.. Thanks felony

41 - 47 of 47 Posts