Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps you already own it?

So if you could have one bike and one only what would it be? Forget the most expensive so you could sell it and buy several others instead, be honest what one bike have you always wanted to own? As I said at the start perhaps you have it already. Lucky person.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Whatever bike I am riding at the moment

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think I'm riding it. I keep looking at magazines, keep watching utube and keep coming back to the same conclusion: I'm there. I've got the suspension to my liking, the seats comfortable, the sound is right, the T120 platform seems fantastic and I've got her looking just the way I like. I still keep looking at the aftermarket for additional farkles but other than tires and Brembos I don't really need, I think I'm there.
b4.png

·
Driftless Admin
11,395 Posts
My dream bike is comfortable grinding away miles across flatlands getting to my destination loaded with gear, then it is nimble and quick in the twisty roads when I get there, and it's light and tough and lots of low end torque when I get off the pavement. And it's cheap.

Haven't found one though. Selecting a bike seems to involve "compromises", and I hate those.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Morini 3 1/2. Never having been on one I don't know if my 58 years old back would need a Strada rather than a Sport.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
I probably have the one I like the most, a 08 carbed T100. Simply looks like my 66 Bonneville. Although the Tiger 900 GT has peaked my interest, as well as the Yamaha Tracer 900 GT.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Great question. I am now 61 and have a Triumph Sprint St 955 in Green. This was my dream bike back in 2002.Immaculate and covered some great miles. Now 18 years later and still have my dream bike, but the Dream has changed with age. I wanted to sit more upright, enjoy taking it a bit easier, enjoy the noise, good handling and a bit of style. Now also have a Triumph Street Scrambler. The dream continues as we change, just keep looking..

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Dream bike think I have mine. A 1978 T140V Bonneville not just any 78 a specific one.
In 1982 or 1983 we hade a 78 T140V come into the Triumph Dealer I was working at to have the front master cylinder redone. When the customer came in to pick up the bike I had to push it from the Service Dept. outside. I took to the bike as it had a nice custom paint job and was pinstriped. I also noted the VIN number was my birthday and I thought how neat it would be to own THIS machine. Not to bore anyone with a long story but thru a quirk of fate I bought the bike in April of 89 or 90. Its the one shown in my avatar.

·
Registered
327 Posts
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R. Owned it... loved it... superb handling... great power... unforgettable sound... and often referred to as the most beautiful motorcycle ever offered for sale... and I agree.

Unfortunately too late in life and my back couldn't tolerate the riding position.
Wife said I couldn't put in in the living room so I found it a good home... in a garage with an Aston Martin Vantage

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
My Thunderbird sport was my dream bike, I’ll never part with it. If I ever find a bike that I like better than the bikes I have, it will be hard to part with any of them. I don’t know which it will be, but definitely not the TBS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hard one , just one ? That's too hard .
My ultimate dream bike Vincent Black Shadow , I could and have stared at this bike for hours , the ultimate bike of its time , the v twin engine would sit nicely in any art gallery ..
My current ride ' sprint st in British Racing Green , wanted it from release .
A year ago I would of said a Rocket 3 , think I would prefer a Thunderbird now.
I always wanted a Norrton Comando 750 , but would settle for a couple of 100km ride on one instead .
Im keen to own a M21 or M22 Somtime , love the old BSA's , reliable old bikes.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Here's my offering as a dream bike. Ducati MH 900E. When this was introduced, I met an older gentleman, parked with his at an outdoor cafe in eastern Connecticut on a wet Saturday morning- we sat and shared coffee, admiring the bike. He told me it was like a beautiful woman, delightful to have, and that it would probably eventually kill him...
2002 Ducati MH900E.jpg

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Here's my offering as a dream bike. Ducati MH 900E. When this was introduced, I met an older gentleman, parked with his at an outdoor cafe in eastern Connecticut on a wet Saturday morning- we sat and shared coffee, admiring the bike. He told me it was like a beautiful woman, delightful to have, and that it would probably eventually kill him... View attachment 717128
That is a nice bike, and I would not mind having one. I don’t know why rider you spoke with thought it would kill him. I have a 800cc Ducati Monster with the same suspension and the same HP and torque. Mine is easy to ride, smooth throttle, nothing unruly about it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts