Registered
3,588 Posts
:bow: :bow: :bow: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Larry

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow Modre,thats quite a disertation. Interesting to me,in some curious way.I rarely inject my opinions in the "deep" topics,because thats all they are,my opinion,hence,worthless. But I beg to differ on a couple points you expressed. First,"electricity" has been around since before man crawled out of the primordial ooze. And second,if it weren`t for the tenacity of "real men" in search of the origin,capture,containment and subsequent production by artificial means of that elusive element of life,the world would probably be dominated now,by rats and roaches. BTW,I know for a FACT,that good,kind,loving and supportive parents can,indeed,produce a bad kid. :-D

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
rod-

What a lovely hammer you have wrapped in that velvet...

Good job!

Oh yea, I have one of those kiddos as well. Always told myself that he would eventually come out the other side...and mine has. Whew.

:wink:

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
TBA,both my kids are good.They were never in daycare,and only babysat ONE time! My wife stayed home with them from day one and they never had to endure the S%^& childhood she did.My brother on the other hand has just recently pulled his head out of his ass and started to "fly right". He turned 50 this past August,the day after I turned 51. :-D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Howdy. stevent's been posting in Biker Hang Out. He's been w/o power for several days but writes when he's at work. He's basically ok. (that's our Steve :cool: )

Let's post the diatribes in Biker Hang Out in the future.

Besides, everyone knows Real Men are addicted to oil. Our president says so! :lgh:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Power just returned in (my part of) North Bend last night. My Thruxton made the semi-ultimate sacrifice when I drained fuel out of it to power the generator last Friday. I still rode across town and back on reserve, tho!
We're glad for no wind damage. Returned from Maui during the windstorm Thursday night - everyone on the plane applauded when we were safely on the runway; definite indication of an, uh, interesting approach.

[ This message was edited by: russerts on 2006-12-20 07:29 ]

·
Registered
745 Posts
But I beg to differ on a couple points you expressed. First,"electricity" has been around since before man crawled out of the primordial ooze. And second,if it weren`t for the tenacity of "real men" in search of the origin,capture,containment and subsequent production by artificial means of that elusive element of life,the world would probably be dominated now,by rats and roaches.

point is well taken...however (to be fair) primordial electricity was a phenomenum of fear and superstition as wrath/power of God stuff...eons upon eons before being approached with nerves of steel men of science...and exploited by savy businessmen... all well and good...and the roaches and rats were on the menu before refrigerated railcars...so I must disagree with your scenerio.

my point was after man losses his ability to make fire because the empty Bic replaced the flint, historic survival in the natural creation...as created...has been replaced by the illusion of the thin wire thru the wall...the rats and roaches may indeed have their day...feasting on surprised looks of inability...but not because we're over the top smart...but because we lazied ourselves into a false reliance.

we can argue this this forever, but when the electric fails, you fire up the generator...until the gas runs out, or the machine breaks...at that point we're either cavemen with unusual abilities at best, roach food at worst, or cannibals in the middle.

at that point I don't see the wisdom or value in the argument to begin with. Natural selection relentlessly advances one more step...and it would be a shame after all that evolution that put us here to be stymied by a wire knocked down by a fallen tree...or the wind.

consider the 3 QUALIFIED climbers on Mt. Hood. left the note, packed "right" and underestimated the challange.

it's not out of the question at all to "think" ourselves into a corner/dead end.

we'll sing folksongs of heroism. erect memorials...and the reality is those guys were thinking
"O SH*T!!! wished I hadn't done that"

reality may not mimic what we choose to believe.

Natural selection relentlessly advances one more step...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
No snow here. Gonna be another wind storm tonight,but only 30-40mph predicted. It will be fine. And to make Modre happy,we are gonna rough it this time. I got out the microwave that WON`T cook a 25lb turkey! :-D

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.