Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Uh Oh.....be careful gentlemen. It has become very clear on this forum if any us guys make a complimentary, supportive, or positive comment to women it is taken as offensive and with ulterior motives by the vocal majority....but I will go out on a limb and at risk and give this lady a "you go girl."

Bob

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Uh Oh.....be careful gentlemen. It has become very clear on this forum if any us guys make a complimentary, supportive, or positive comment to women it is taken as offensive and with ulterior motives by the vocal majority....but I will go out on a limb and at risk and give this lady a "you go girl."

Bob
Hi Bob! I don't want to stir up a bunch of crap again but I feel your post is aimed towards me and it is not accurate. No one ever said not to be supportive of women who ride. What was said was merely an observation that guys were seemingly coming out of the woodwork and falling all over themselves pining over the chance to ride with a woman planning an extensive cross country trip. I suggested that response may be a different than most guys here would get planning the same kind of trip. Agreed you might pick me up in your truck if I broke down near your house and needed help, but most guys probably wouldn't follow my progress across the country and say they wished they could take time off just to ride down the highway with me for a few hours. That's the difference.

As for this thread, what Leslie Porterfield has done and is planning on doing is incredible, she is obviously skilled and fearless, but I also don't see anyone asking Ms. Porterfield to PM them when she's nearby so they can have the opportunity to run the Flats with her.

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
As for this thread, what Leslie Porterfield has done and is planning on doing is incredible, she is obviously skilled and fearless, but I also don't see anyone asking Ms. Porterfield to PM them when she's nearby so they can have the opportunity to run the Flats with her.
That's because she isn't a member of this site. Well, that we know of, at least.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
I got a date with Leslie!

Hah! While you slobs were busy posturing, I googled Leslie, tweeted her, and secured a date at the Flats for September 17. If I fully fund her rocket car, she promised to friend me on facebook. This forum rocks for picking up chicks...

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Kudos to her!

And for the record no one here has ever said anything to me publicly or privately that I considered inappropriate. On another forum we did have a new member PM every female member and ask them inappropriate questions about riding. The PM I got from him asked if women get orgasms from riding! When I discussed it with another member there she said, "Heck, if they did, I'd never get off the damn thing!"

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Hi Bob! I don't want to stir up a bunch of crap again but I feel your post is aimed towards me and it is not accurate. No one ever said not to be supportive of women who ride. What was said was merely an observation that guys were seemingly coming out of the woodwork and falling all over themselves pining over the chance to ride with a woman planning an extensive cross country trip. I suggested that response may be a different than most guys here would get planning the same kind of trip. Agreed you might pick me up in your truck if I broke down near your house and needed help, but most guys probably wouldn't follow my progress across the country and say they wished they could take time off just to ride down the highway with me for a few hours. That's the difference.

Hey boudiepitbull my comment was an open one to the forum, not directed at you or anyone else specifically. However regarding Madeleine and her ride, my intent was simply to possibly join her on her run to Sturgis as I am planning on going this year. And since she would be in the area I thought it might be fun to meet her. Nothing more, nothing less. Just as I have hooked up with other riders male and female that pass through my part of the world. I guess I am guilty of being socialable and engaging. Regarding Ms. Porterfield, I would love to meet her as well...and that might be a possibilty as friends of mine in the area run the Flats every year and I might make a trip out there this year. If I in fact do, I will definately attempt to meet Ms. Porterfield and give her a "you go girl" in person. I just wanted to clarify my intentions regarding "women" posting here regarding their accomplishments or those intended. Simply being supportive and if there was a way to do that in person all the better....no ulterior motive on my part...just sayin.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Kudos to her!

And for the record no one here has ever said anything to me publicly or privately that I considered inappropriate. On another forum we did have a new member PM every female member and ask them inappropriate questions about riding. The PM I got from him asked if women get orgasms from riding! When I discussed it with another member there she said, "Heck, if they did, I'd never get off the damn thing!"
I heard a story on "This American Life" about women who get orgasms while at the Opera. No lie.

H

·
0 Posts
In Dallas there is (or was 2 years ago) a nice bike shop with all sorts of cool bikes owned and run by this lady called High Five Cycles. Cruisers of every type, shape, make and lots of sport bikes.

We came away impressed with her zeal and marketing skills. I wish her the very best and if her shop is still there I urge you to stop by when you pass through.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts