Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1021 - 1040 of 1074 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Wound up on a challenging dirt road in the woods of the Adirondacks - Blue Mountain Road.

·
Registered
T300 Special, Sprint ST955i, Tiger Sport 1050
24 Posts
Had an ST back 1999 and foolishly sold it for an Adventure bike.............

Then with lockdown curtailing activities and needing something which only required a light re-commission to keep me busy, I spotted this '03.....

Running sweetly now .............

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
That's a beauty! How many miles?

·
Registered
T300 Special, Sprint ST955i, Tiger Sport 1050
24 Posts
That's a beauty! How many miles?
16K miles on the clock and unmolested. Mileage appears genuine as it is backed up by MOT Test data (the UK annual roadworthy test). Saw it on ebay so snapped it up.

The only issues were an intermittent fuel level sensor (no change there then) and the infamous plastic fuel connectors both of which are now resolved.

The service history is missing so an 18K service is next on the list.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
16K miles on the clock and unmolested. Mileage appears genuine as it is backed up by MOT Test data (the UK annual roadworthy test). Saw it on ebay so snapped it up.

The only issues were an intermittent fuel level sensor (no change there then) and the infamous plastic fuel connectors both of which are now resolved.

The service history is missing so an 18K service is next on the list.
Excellent! (y)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
^ First impressions?

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Comfy, good power. Feels like more then it has for sure especially on roll on. Great wind protection with that taller screen. Handled great on long highway sweepers (100mph).
Great bags. Still don't know how or why Triumph added all that weight then the ST. If it was 50lbs lighter that would be awesome.
Still 580lbs w/bags is not bad for a sport tourer.
The closest comparison would be the BMW r1200rs. Same power, wheelbase and weight

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
^ First impressions?
So after 150 miles in the twisties i can say i am pleasantly surprised. The Pilot Road 4s are a little squared off but i had no problem leaning it almost to the edge, it flips back and forth thru the tight stuff really well. It tracks a good stable line at a quick pace.
Throwing some Continental Road Attack 3 on it this week. My brother swears by them and he is as fast as me if not faster on his KTM super duke GT.
I can say once i put heated grips and Clearwater lights along with a PDM it will make for a great long distance ST.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Finally got her back on the road
Been about 6yrs since she turned a wheel.

Reactions: JohnnyR88 and DaveM

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Just got back of a 3 day trip thru the mid area of California. Up to Mt Umunhum (old radar station), Rossi's driveway, etc..great weather and roads.
About 900 miles all together.

1021 - 1040 of 1074 Posts