Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got or seen the carbon yoke protector from Skidmarx [or other], if so is it any good. I got my 08 sprint with scratches and marks from keyfobs and keys i guess around the keyhole, and it wont clean up as i would like it.
Any pix anyone?
Thx in advance.
Mark.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Duck Tape is your friend

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks just right, bit pricy for a bit of vinyl tho.
Better than i could cut out, so i'm in.
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I bought my bike used with a few minor scratches there and I took them out with cleaner wax. Now I only use the bike key separately even though it's a bit of a hassle having a single key in my pocket.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Mine has some discoloration there from the key fob and helmet lock key. It doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
322 Posts
When I bought my bike new, the dealer gave me the keys on one of thier fobs, the rubber kind with thier name on it. Itself has never done any damage on my bike. However the bare keys did. So what I did was take some heat-shrink tubing that fit the key teeth, slowly warmed it till it shrunk to the shape of the key. Then removed/reinstalled the tubing a couple times, fiddling with it untill it fit the key without falling off. Done, no more sraches to my top clamp. Im sure you could also use vacume hose, etc to do the same.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I use something like this :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-QUICK-RELEASE-KEY-RING-Bushcraft-Flint-Steel-Lanyard_W0QQitemZ130274274702QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item130274274702&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Bike key on one end the rest of the keys on the other. Simply detach the bike key for the bike, re-attach when you park up to keep all your keys together. Or put it on a lanyard and hang it round your neck. (I am a little paranoid about loosing keys, when you have don't it once you never want to do it again !)

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
I should modify my ignition key / into the alarm.

But those carbon look headstock stickers look pretty neat and I love the garage floor prints they do to.

Now I just need a better garage (with a smoother floor!):rolleyes::D

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I think scratches add character. But a real full carbon top clamp would be the bomb. It has to be strong enough cause I've seen them for crotch rockets. Plus carbon took Lance over the alps 7 times.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I should modify my ignition key / into the alarm.

But those carbon look headstock stickers look pretty neat and I love the garage floor prints they do to.

Now I just need a better garage (with a smoother floor!):rolleyes::D
i sent off for the sticker, seemed the cheapest option, like you say, looks good too.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
i sent off for the sticker, seemed the cheapest option, like you say, looks good too.
If it is any consolation - I've done exactly the same thing!;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
How ?

Top, how do you combine them, is that something that Triumph provide?
My key and alarm came separate [08 model too]
??
Mine came separate too. Saw off the key level with where it goes into the plastic. Split the alarm fob and remove the small end filler. Drill a hole in the key shaft, sized & positioned to match the alarm fob through screw. Re-assemble alarm fob with trunkated key in position. Fairly easy, but your dealer should be able to do it for you if you don't fancy the hassle. About £10 I think.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts