Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
After lurking here for a while I guess its time for an into.
I picked up an '03 Sprint ST this past summer (July) and wanted to ride it for a while before posting anything. I've had my share of sport-touring type bikes, this may be the best yet. Heres a brief rundown...
Bike had 12,000 miles on it when purchased
The dealership installed new Road Smarts before I picked it up
The bike came with all three bags-wonderful for touring!
Still the original chain and sprockets, they look great
Installed an RKA touring screen, o-ring cruise control
I use the Triumph/Mobile semi synth (changed every 3k)
On the chain I like Bel Ray 6in1
I'm at just under 20k right now
Overall the bike is a peach!:)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention plans for install during the winter....
GPS
Heated grips
possible additional lights if I can mount them up under the snout, we'll see

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Welcome!:)

I didn't notice, have you got pics of your bike then?

Nice plans for the winter!

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a real beauty and despite some threads that are getting a little heated, we are glad you are hear. Spend some time reading older threads and you will learn a ton.

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
Official welcome committee note

Hi Don03st and welcome to the Sprint forum here at Trat:)

Your bike sounds great, Don (dolson) the Moderator that started the Sprint forum here, has an '02 Sprint ST and I have an '04 Sprint ST. They are great machines.

I am jesting with the official welcome thing,
as you can see the members here are a friendly bunch.

On a serious note I would ask you please to read our forum stickies.

So enjoy the forum we look forward to your posts and maybe some photos when you can.

cheers,
DaveM:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Another Don? What's that 3 or 4 of us? A few more and we'll start outnumbering the Aussies:D not to mention the Victorian Riders.

Please oh please don't let me get started an that again:eek:. I promised I wouldn't do it.

Anyhow, Welcome aboard and thank you for the intro.

Don

·
Registered
16 Posts
and yet another newbie

This is my first foray into a forum of any kind, but i just met a couple of guys on Trumpies over the back of Nebo/Glorious who recommended this site.

I'm not really sure what a stickie is, but it doesn't sound too painful, so if you point me in the right direction I'll get into them. I did read something 'for new members' about what's expected when posting...is that one?

I ride a 03 RS which I bought in Dec 04. No complaints, and certainly no problems. Was interested to read about the front brake problems in another "thread?", I thought it was just mine!

Anyway looking forward to getting more interesting reading from this site.

Mick:)

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Welcome Mick! You're in DaveM's neck of the woods, so watch out for the big mad [email protected] on the blue 955 Sprint ST. He tends to ride those roads in the wee hours of the morning at furious pace :eek:

There's also a few other banana-benders online up there, so you shouldn't lack for company on those roads ;) It's definitely some great riding country in SE Qld.

Russ

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Welcome Micks. A stickie is a thread at the tip of the thread listing page that is there all the time and doesnt move around like the active threads.

The 03 is a nice model.

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
Welcome Don03st and micks03rs. They are great bike - especially the RS Mick.

We sometimes join up at Miaila for a coffee and a run give us a yell if you're passing or want to meet at some time.

but come on guys.... where are the pics??? :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts