Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
This is a set of used Triumph Bonneville pipes. They were removed from a 2001 Bonneville. The condition is pretty good. The chrome is in great shape,but there are a few scratches and a ding on the right hand pipe. The bike was not crashed, and all wear is due to normal daily riding. The pipes sound great, and will boost performance. Some re-jetting may be required, depending on climate and altitude. The pipes have the clamps as well as the rubber bumper for the side stand. This is a great way to make your Bonneville look and sound better while not hitting your wallet too hard. Please ask all questions prior to bidding. Thanks for looking.
I purchased a set of used pipes on e-bay back in Nov '08. The seller neglected to advertise that the left pipe was cracked. Once I managed to install the silencers and rejet the carbs, I've now got an exhaust leak coming from the crack where the silencer slips onto the header pipe. :mad: My question... Does anyone happen to know if this is repairable or if I'm S*O*L?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve,

PM sent.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Pipes?

I've got the factory pipes on my America. Is it worth it to upgrade them? Will it improve the performance and sound significantly?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts