Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week is Daytona bike week. Great weather, tons of bikes.
Last week our local Harley dealer was having demo days. Trying to sell the new bikes before this week.
My wife and I rode up, just to see what’s they had. I took the TBS, it’s become my “go to” bike.
As we we’re walking out of the dealership, two guy were standing by my bike. They asked about it as I was getting on, and complimented it. A dealership full of new bikes, and my little Thunderbird is getting the attention.
This week we’re down in Daytona. We rode out to the cabbage patch, and backed the bikes into a spot. I was standing next to my wife’s bike, as she was getting something out of her saddlebag. Two guys walked up to mine, and I could hear one tell the other, “that’s a bad ass bike”. I didn’t say anything but thought, .......yes it is!

·
Registered
85 Posts
You bike is just the same as mine but for the mirrors and "silencers". What kind of muffs are those? I hve no rubbers on my tank, and have the nose cone too!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You bike is just the same as mine but for the mirrors and "silencers". What kind of muffs are those? I hve no rubbers on my tank, and have the nose cone too!
It
It’s Dave Platt exhausts, made in England. A little pricey, but sounds good. Took about 2-3 weeks to get

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'll try and search him out. I know they'll be spendy, but they're not too loud are they? Great look to them for sure. Can any "dB killer" or mute be fitted or would he just build them as quiet as you specify?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll try and search him out. I know they'll be spendy, but they're not too loud are they? Great look to them for sure. Can any "dB killer" or mute be fitted or would he just build them as quiet as you specify?
Definitely not too loud, but a nice sound. About two inches shorter than stock, but I like the look. I have Tors on my Speedmaster, about the same sound level.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dave Platt's mufflers are the same price as Italian Mistrals and that French brand too. Buddy's 2000 TBS has those lovely TORs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts