Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
XS750 triples are just awful. If you run across a good standard one (vs the teardrop tank special), call me immediately so I can buy it and keep it in my garage where it can't harm anyone else.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
XS750 triples are just awful. If you run across a good standard one (vs the teardrop tank special), call me immediately so I can buy it and keep it in my garage where it can't harm anyone else.
I had one with the cool cafe tank and tail piece. It was a pig. The vacuum fuel petcocks are a POS. I had mine malfunction and cause fuel to over flow into the crankcase and make subsequent oil/fuel mixture run out the engine through the breather and get on the back tire. That bike almost killed Irishguy.

Regarding the new proposed triple by Yamaha... This won't be the first time that the Japanese manufacturers have taken a hallmark engine designed and made iconic by a Western manufacturers and produced their own version of it in order to piggy back on success of others.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I have been wondering how long it would take one of the big Jap four to copy the Daytona and Street/Speed triples.

·
Registered
197 Posts
From what I hear Yamaha might be trying to open up the
smaller cc market by hacking 1 cyl off of a R6 and ending
up with a 450 triple.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Yamaha have a pretty broad range of succesful models as it stands , The R1 , FJR 1300, FZ 800 R6 , its a little hard to see where they will slot in a triple without losing sales from existing models . It may be likely that they do indeed bring out a mid weight triple and see how the market reacts ? they could then go up or down in capacity or design a new range using it as a base motor to save costs and invigorate some of their older models . Personally I cant see the point of having triples and fours . V twins and triples cover just about any engineering requirements for most manufacturers of road models pretty well I think.:cool:

H

·
0 Posts
Yamaha have a pretty broad range of succesful models as it stands , The R1 , FJR 1300, FZ 800 R6 , its a little hard to see where they will slot in a triple without losing sales from existing models . It may be likely that they do indeed bring out a mid weight triple and see how the market reacts ? they could then go up or down in capacity or design a new range using it as a base motor to save costs and invigorate some of their older models . Personally I cant see the point of having triples and fours . V twins and triples cover just about any engineering requirements for most manufacturers of road models pretty well I think.:cool:
They may have bought the secret stash of Petronas.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
The Petronas ? isnt that some power that Harry Potter has ?

Thats a joke Hap :p wasnt Carl Fogarty involved with them ?

Maybe a 1000 triple UJM is on the cards as the XJR 1300 may soon follow the Honda CB 1300 ,GSX 1400 and ZRX 1200r to extinction . A great pity as they were immensley practical , comfortable and capable machines killed off by Euro emmision laws.:mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts