Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been asked before, I've a Y2000 S3 with the usual poor back brake issue. I'm about to strip the swinging arm to replace the suspension linkage bearings etc and whilst its in bits I'm thinking of upgrading the rear brake set up.

I remember from a few years back that a Sprint ST disc/hanger/caliper and a Kawasaki(?) master cylinder was mooted. Does anyone have any experience of this and if so what year of Sprint bits and what Kawasaki cylinder??

I also remember someone mentioning that you could alternatively keep the S3 set up bit use a Sprint footrest and brake pedal as it had a better leverage ratio.

What's you thoughts and advice peeps? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
22,121 Posts
early 90's kawasaki 750 1/2" master cylinder helps and is relatively inexpensive and simple improvement
(There was another thread on this recently and I found a later model that also looked compatible - will try to find that)
* here you go ............. Updating rear brake on 99 Daytona 955i

If you do the Sprint swap, that is much bigger (and more expensive) swap - there is a thread on that in the stickies regarding this swap (which was aimed at lowering, but it details the swap)

Sprint rearsets do not fit S3/Daytona frames

1 - 2 of 2 Posts