Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and, while I find my F700GS front end to be softer than a marshmallow (spelling?), when I rode the XRX it seemed overly stiff and harsh. I saw a thread on here about someone re-doing their forks and rear shock to take some of this away. Generally, I like firm suspensions on bikes and cars...so it may be fine.

I want a center stand so an XCX low is not an option - and may still be too tall for me anyway. How hard would it be to add the WP set up? And I kind of want the XRT because my existing Caribou 40 liter boxes should fit the rack, plus I like having TPMS...

I need to have a longer test ride, but what are your thoughts? Overthinking/feeling this aspect of the XR?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm one to usually go after market on my suspension set up. Im finding the XRx to be acceptable' I weigh 190lbs and I am an aggressive rider. Although the suspension is firm, it's not uncomfortable. Bike is running Scorpion trails that I keep at 40R/36F. I would suggest before committing to the bike a longer test ride over a varied terrain would be very helpful in your decision. Tires, tire pressure and riding style make a huge difference in what riders find an acceptable set up. I thought I would be investing in a new suspension but I'm reasonably satisfied and will not be investing $2K in an aftermarket full suspension.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Maybe a standard XRx center stand on the XCx Low?

According to my local dealer that won't work unless you are VERY strong and like to lift a couple hundred pounds to get the bike on the stand. Plus they said there are interference issues. Even if you cut the center stand down and weld it back together there are interference issues. I guess you would have to totally re-make the center stand to work on the low model.

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
I was saying that maybe the XCx Low might be close to the XRx standard height.

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
Here is some info I found on another forum about the center stand.

I purchased the factory low height version tiger 800xcx. It comes without a centerstand and Internet searches returned no answers if anything would fit. Good news is that the XR version will fit the lowered xcx. Triumph Part # a9778004.

I just installed it. It fits with the charcoal cannister. I can even lift it without too much struggle. Rear tire is off the ground for chain maintenance ease. Clearance is high enough and shouldn't drag. Highly recommend this set up for anyone with the low xcx set up.

Just wanted to spread the knowledge (especially after wasted $ on the sw motech version...which I thought I could cut down and weld).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts