Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen comments that the XR is "better on road", and I've seen comments that the XC is the "superior bike" (in the context of "why buy an XR when you can get an XC?").

Is there a significant difference in handling on road between the XR and XC? I know the XC is 2 inches higher and has better shocks, and they have different wheels...but if you were to equip them both with similar tires and ride down a smooth, twisty paved road, how much of a difference would there be?

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
Minimal. I went from an 11 XR to a 15 XCx and I think the XCx handles just as well if not better.

·
Premium Member
Denver, CO United States of America
7,485 Posts
I feel both models handle well and no doubt the XC or XCx is better suited for off road riding with the 21 inch front wheel and better suspension. However for my style of over the road riding I prefer the Roadie or XR because of the 19 inch front wheel. I just feel it turns into the corners better than the 21 inch front wheel on the XC or XCx. Now this is just my opinion and I'm sure others may feel otherwise, but this is based on my aggressive style of riding over the road.

I have done a good amount of off road riding on my Tiger 800 Roadie and I know the shortcomings of the front wheel and suspension. If I were to embark on a serious off road trek I would highly recommend the XC or XCx over the XR or 800 Roadie.

Either way you can't go wrong with either model it just depends on what your intentions are...both are fantastic motorcycles in my opinion.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts