Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
I can relate.

I spend every Christmas going on a bike ride as a way to spend the day. I become the lonely drunk afterwards. This year while drinking, I'll work on modifying the appear of my bike's butt. I only do this becuase the strip clubs are closed that day.

Yesterday I ordered my Xmas present, a M4 exhaust (titanium).

· Registered
221 Posts
The bike runs great. Before having the Triumphs I had a '02 Victory cruiser. I used to have some problems with that. It ran rich, and would pop a lot on decel. The cheap fix was new spark plugs every 4,000 miles. They could never quite get the map right. With the triples they have also run a little rich. I could smell it around town every once in a while. Since I put in a K&N, things have been nothing short of perfectly smooth, especially when the temps drop down to between 30-40F. There's noticeable improvement on throttle response with the cool air. The only thing wrong with the bike is the operator's limited ability to not use the bike's potential.

I have noticed that as I went down in elevation on a previous trip, fuel economy got progessively worse. I run a pretty true 45-47 mpg regardless of whether or not I get on the gas. Around 800 feet, I was getting closer to 38-40 mpg.

I'm a bit concerned about how the new exhaust will affect performance, but tekmoe says good things so I'm not worried. :razz:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.