Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading the recent thread about the Spitfire guns, I thought I would post a link to some pics I took at an airshow in around Charlotte, NC last weekend. The Airshow is called Warriors and Warbirds and features only WWI era planes. It is the first time I have been and it was very much worth my time. It was awesome seeing some beautifully restored aircraft that represent such a important part of history.

Here is a sample pic and the link to the rest is below.

http://flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/C5C011/

H

·
0 Posts
I am always amazed at beautiful and gracefull some of these old planes are and yet some look like they shouldn't be able to get off the ground. Great photos and thanks for posting. Hap

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. That Twin Beech 18 put on one hell of a show with all the aerobatics. It was crazy seeing a plane like that to loops and twists.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I love the picture of the A-1 low on the deck. Amazing that this plane, designed for WW2, was still flying in Viet Nam in the 60's and early 70's.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Great picture of the A1. I love the workhorse airplanes and this was one of the best. It could carry more than its own weight in payload.
One nickname it had was the flying dumptruck. They did a lot of the "heavy lifting" jobs in Nam. Down low in small arms range. They could loiter on station for a long time. Last prop job avgas fighter on the carriers too.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just to clarify my original post. I meant WWII not WWI :eek:.

I promise that was a typo. I just noticed it.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Cool pics, thanks for sharing. I wish I would have known that was happening out in Charlotte, I would have rode out there to check it out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts