Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in new or used shocks for my air-cooled Scrambler. Preferably more black than chrome. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
874 Posts
Bonne shocks will fit but are shorter. I have a set of OEM ‘15 model Scrambler shocks somewhere. If I can find them you can have them but I suspect the cost of shipping makes that not such a great bargain. All Scramblers had chrome springs, even the ‘14/‘15 models that had all the other black bits. Your best option could be to buy some new after market ones. Plenty around from $200-$1,000. I’d probably look at the mid to upper price range.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Bonne shocks will fit but are shorter. I have a set of OEM ‘15 model Scrambler shocks somewhere. If I can find them you can have them but I suspect the cost of shipping makes that not such a great bargain. All Scramblers had chrome springs, even the ‘14/‘15 models that had all the other black bits. Your best option could be to buy some new after market ones. Plenty around from $200-$1,000. I’d probably look at the mid to upper price range.
Sorry, I thought you were looking “wanting to buy” some shocks. I have Hagons on my 2013 that’s why I don’t need the OEMs.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Friends. I appreciate your help. I am looking for Scrambler length so Bonnie ones won’t work. I may have to buy new but am hoping someone may be selling some decent aftermarket ones either going back to stock or wanting something nicer. Thanks again. - Bill

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are scramblers the same length as thruxtons? I have chrome ones sitting on my shelf off a 2010 Thrux with about 8k miles on them, they should be 360mm.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scrambler shocks are a bit longer. Thank you for the offer though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts