Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beautiful yellow 2005 Daytona met it's end today (and I nearly did as well)

6 months of ownership came to an end as an oil spot brought me down in the mountains and the bike slid on into an oncoming car.

Both car and bike will be write-offs...

I'm OK, bruised and in pain but I now have to find a new 955i Daytona on a dealers floor somewhere...

My beautiful bike... I could cry.

Linz :(

·
Registered
899 Posts
Linz, Glad to hear you are for the most part ok. Remember, bikes can be replaced and I hope you find another quickly , recover as fast. How did you manage to miss the car yourself?

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
WOW!

Man, I'm sorry as he|| to hear that. In also honesty though, who cares about the bike because the important thing is that I'm glad to see you're okay...

Speaking on behalf of the recently crashed, I feel your pain...

[ This message was edited by: fivehundo on 2006-11-27 13:00 ]

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Glad you're OK, could have been much worse!

Anything left on the bike worth parting out? Or was it totally destroyed? If the insurance company will let you have the wreck for cheap you could get some extra cash selling spares on ebay, if you have the interest...

dc

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Best of luck to you. Heal up, save up, buy the 1050 Daytona in fall '07. If Triumph doesn't have it, get a GSXR1000-R and be done with it!

[ This message was edited by: Brooksie on 2006-11-27 18:33 ]

·
Registered
899 Posts
Brooksie, d**n those blasphemous words. :lalala: I say Linz, heal up, replace it with another 955, enjoy it and hope for the new version to come out, but most of all enjoy what is offered at the moment. :upthumb: No more suzuki talk. :wink:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys. I went to the shop today to remove all of the aftermarket extras which were not listed on the insurance, so I put it back to stock.

The front has gone totally and there's frame damage so it will be written off.

I couldn't save my CF front guard of the CF upper frame protectors but everything else was replaced with the original parts.

I'm aching all over, I have purple bruises all over me and yet I'm chasing unsold Daytonas in all Triumph dealerships in Australia.

I have found a 2005 (2006 was not imported into OZ) way up north in Queensland and he wants it gone...

Now awaiting a cheque from the insurance company and for the swelling to subside.

Thanks for your good wishes...

A bloody Suzuki? I don't think so...

Linz :-D

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
So will the delaer hold it for you? Can you put a down payment so he won't sell it? Good luck with the search and hope you get better soon.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Guys.

Well, I'm still black and blue on my left hand side but I managed to find an unridden Black '06 Daytona today close to home and placed a holding deposit on it.

Lets' hope this bike has as much character as the last with a lot more luck.

The downside is going to be that boring running in process again...

Cheers,

Linz :-D

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Cool, glad to see you are going to get back on and found what you wanted close to home. I think I could handle the boring break in period for the time being to be able to have a new bike. :cool:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Tough break, good choice of colour, enjoy your new bike. Some Trident underseat pipes and you will be set.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts