Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Heck yes, its a good ole time! Thats what I have my old yami for, just throw some studded tires on her! Hasnt gotten cold enough this winter for any ice otherwise a bunch of people around here go racing on the Mississsippi River. I must admit though, Ive never seen a "sportbike" on the ice.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have spike for my WR450 - it's a blast!
I live on a lake and everyone thinks I'm crazy..
It's not as crazy as it looks if you are running the right spikes....

I like to wheelie the entire length of the lake to really show people how crazy I am....

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm setting up my PHOTOBUCKET account now so I can start posting pics....

I think I have a few from last year when we actually had ICE...

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
On 2007-01-12 12:37, Curmudgeon wrote:
I've ridden (gingerly!) over mountain passes with snow and ice, but it's not something I enjoy.
I'm with you Curmudgeon!
http://westcom.no-ip.info/bikes/NetRides/2004/MidWinterMoonan/.slide_100_0863.JPG
We don't get much snow or very often here in Sydney, but this was 2 years ago on a dirt road about 250k north of Sydney. ***** hard work sliding at 5-10kph with the clutch in and the feet down!

The worst was the [email protected]#dy 4wdrives coming the other way. 1) they take up a lot of room on narrow road 2) they have no idea about speed in these conditions and 3) they have no idea about sharing the road.

Russ

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I wanna see the guy lose it just to prove he can.

·
Registered
556 Posts
There's a stunt group here in Wisconsin that I ride with from time to time called VMC - Vertical Mischief Crew - http://www.verticalmischief.com/. they stunt on the ice every winter. Here are some of there photos:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts