Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so after doing some research and thanks to many of you i came to the conclusion that the only solution to my hard starting problem would be to give the 955i a new tune (via a tubeboy and its software).

So i went to the tuneboy website to purchase my very own tuneboy until i saw the price... $500 FOR A FREAKING ECU PROGRAMMER AND SOFTWARE???? EFF THAT!!! I called the only European bike shop here in dallas (triu/bmw/ducati dealer whom i've had good exp with before) and they say they have a tuneboy and they'll only charge around $200 to give me a new tune. All they gotta do is get the software from british customs in CA. No big deal (NBD, i though to myself).

I drop it off on the 13th and i'm told they'll get started on it the 18th.... NBD

I call the 20th to see how things are going.. they say they had to order the software and it should be in that day........NBD

I wait till the 25th to go and pop in and see how things are going, since they got such great communication skills. Oh they are still waiting for the software to arrive............ Ok NBD I haven't ridden in nearly two weeks, i Guess i can wait a little longer NBD :cool:

I go in the 28th still completely in the dark... and i get a "oh, he'll get started working on your bike soon... mechanic that was suppose to working on yours got caught up on another bike."

I feel like going in there all "Jesus style flipping tables" to get some answers. Thursday will be three weeks. Anyone else had a bike held that long?

·
Registered
59 Posts
What do you have against TuneECU?

For your current problem, once you hand over your keys youre a prisoner to their time table.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What do you have against TuneECU?

For your current problem, once you hand over your keys youre a prisoner to their time table.
i'd rather let someone else blow up my engine :D jk

plus i haven't heard much of tuneECU... until after i dropped off my bike.

also, i'm a little iffy messing with the ecu myself

·
Super Moderator
21,255 Posts
No-one can give you Tuneboy for $200 because each bike requires unique license

TuneECU does everything TuneBoy can do and no license required - program is free (or donation) and cable ~ $25

Your dealer doesn't even need either and can load OEM tune from their Triumph Interface tool and should not charge you more than 1 hr for that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No-one can give you Tuneboy for $200 because each bike requires unique license

TuneECU does everything TuneBoy can do and no license required - program is free (or donation) and cable ~ $25

Your dealer doesn't even need either and can load OEM tune from their Triumph Interface tool and should not charge you more than 1 hr for that.
You gotta be $&@#ing kidding me!:mad:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Go get your bike, order this cable, download this program, read this manual and download the map of your choice from here

Visit this sub-forum for any questions you might have.

Total spending so far:
Advice - Free
Cable - £18 (about $30)
Time - 2-1/2 hrs from your initial post

DEcosse, you sir are life saver!

They're closed mondays, I'll call first thing tomorrow. I hope they don't try to pull some "you owe us for the part we bought from british customs" crap!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts