Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I had blue sapphire's attached to the engagement ring I just bought in the name of the blue sapphire/opal bonneville I sold to buy it?

I did...and the ring looks fast.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Dude, just go ahead and throw away your fishing gear, hunting gear, etc., etc.. What were you thinking????

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also hope my wife doesn't read this thread. I've got the same '03 Sapphire Blue T100, and she doesn't have an engagement ring. (She said she didn't want one, but I never got that in writing.)

Woodchuck

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Trade in the wife to be and, get your Bonny back.
sell the ring and buy lot of accessories for your Bonny.
Bill

·
Registered
547 Posts
ahhh - there's plenty of bikes, but that one chick in a zillion can be hard to come by... good on ya mate - Pat

·
Registered
290 Posts
Bonnecuse

Not at all! Just have them set a little lower so they dig into her finger to remind her what you gave up! You could always tell her about the new Thruxton with color matched fenders as a wedding gift!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I hope your good lady's a biker so she can appreciate what you just did for her. :wow:

As Pat said, well done mate. Some things in life are more important than bikes, and when you find them you should hang on to them... and get them on the pillion of your new bike asap. :-D

·
Registered
859 Posts
Adding the sapphires isn't sick...selling the bike is!!! Yikes! They make rings that cost less than a motorcycle....... I bought my wifes engagement ring and wedding ring for cash when I was 18 working a minimum wage grunt job...Took a few months of installments, but she loves it, wouldn't trade it up to bigger one even when I offered a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
You know, guys, I HAVE TO read this stuff. Do you spose you could tone it down a little?

:(

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Bonnecuse--if you're lucky, you'll only have one spouse, so you start it off right and buy the ring. If you're like most of us, you'll have several bikes over time, like the soon to be Sprint you mentioned. Selling a bike because a new spouse says you can't ride is, IMO, problematic. But selling a bike to finance a once-in-a-lifetime (hopefully) important purchase, is painful, but normal.

Look I could be just as jaded as the boys. Years ago, I sold my racing sailboat to help finance my ex-husband's first year of grad school; then he said adios when he finished his degree AND took the gorgeous cedar-strip canoe we built together. But I've got a sweetie now and after 18 years with him, I can only say, good job!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha...great stuff. Funny thing is that I bought the bike INSTEAD of a ring for an ex-girlfriend. It was kind of a line in the sand where I completely put what I wanted ahead of what she thought she should have. When that all went to [email protected] a couple of years ago I moved the bike out of the house unannounced because I knew that there was going to be retribution against the bike if I didn't! I'm not worried about the sprint......and it's sapphire blue .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.