Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2008 Bonnie base model. Silver in color with some sort of pea shooter exhaust that is a bit louder than stock, but not full on loud. It is mint, has been maintained well and adult ridden. No drops or scrapes, with 2000 miles.

I'm just trying to get an idea because I need to assess if I can sell it and not have a big payoff on the loan, or if I should wait and pay it down a bit. I'm toying with the idea of a Street Triple or the like, and if someone could give me a general idea of what the bike would be worth both on the street and trading in to a dealer, it would be awesome.

thanks! john

·
Registered
28 Posts
Some of that depends on where you are located, but generally your trade in value is going to be significantly less than the street value.
If it's perfect you might get $6,000 on the street. My guesstimate is a dealer is going to want to give you about $4,000.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Sell Back

I did that once w/ a Honda in the 70's. Be prepared to take a big hit! When I did it- i had bent the frame in AZ under the seat (didnt show) so the hit wasnt that bad. As said- there a lot of people out there looking for that bike that cant find one. Advertise the crap out of it & hope for the best? I think you will do well. Try a pub that has local multistate coverage! Sorry about the job & the bike. You arent a;lone out there. I got my Bonne in 04 so its been mine. I couldnt part w/ it. Id pitch a canvas over it & camp out before we'd part!! Hey good luck!! Things will get better, hell they cant get too much worse?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did that once w/ a Honda in the 70's. Be prepared to take a big hit! When I did it- i had bent the frame in AZ under the seat (didnt show) so the hit wasnt that bad. As said- there a lot of people out there looking for that bike that cant find one. Advertise the crap out of it & hope for the best? I think you will do well. Try a pub that has local multistate coverage! Sorry about the job & the bike. You arent a;lone out there. I got my Bonne in 04 so its been mine. I couldnt part w/ it. Id pitch a canvas over it & camp out before we'd part!! Hey good luck!! Things will get better, hell they cant get too much worse?
Thanks for the reply but dude, what the hell are you talking about? Sorry about the job? Sell back? Im thinking you meant to post that reply to another question???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts