Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never buying a Triumph this old again.

I've been searching Motorcycle Superstore for chains/sprockets (time for new ones). Going with a EK 530 O-ring (112 link, correct?) and a Renthal 17 tooth front sprocket for my particular model year, it's the rear sprocket I'm having trouble finding.

I've narrowed it down to a JT 530 Rear Sprocket for a 1999 Speed Triple 955 or a Renthal 530 Ultralight for a 1999 Sprint RS, both 43 tooth. Can I use either, or must I continue this fruitless search?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
To paraphrase and old song you must be "looking for sprockets in all the wrong places."

I was searching for the same thing last week. I started on ebay, then went to a couple of ebay stores and found plenty of options. I will be sticking with the stock chain size because there seem to be more options. JT and Renthal were two brands that I found.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You could also try

www.sprocketcenter.com

Complete kits are available from 520 to 530 sizes. Kits include both sprockets and chain precut to correct length.

Also, no fitty with the '99 on a '96

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gentlemen. Ended up using BikeBandit. Renthal front and rear, kept with the EK chain from MSS. ~$200, worth it to not have to deal with city traffic ever again. Who sets a marathon route through the busiest thoroughfares of a city? ********, that's who.

This'll probably be my only sprocket/chain replacement for this bike, I plan on trading up next season. It might take a few moves, but I plan on ending up with a Speed Triple or Daytona... there are a surprising number of them on Craisglist all of a sudden.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts