Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.motoplexusa.com/

they have a place in downtown chicago and a place in joliet.

They have had more persons as the GM of the chicago and joliet location than you can shake a stick at.

I had so many problems with this dealer that I had to resort to seeking assistance from Triumph.

They had people who lied to me on a number of occasions and later employees even admitted to the lies of the former employees.

I wrote dozens of e-mails to their owner who did not reply to a single one.

They had mechanics just up and dissappear.

My bike was with them for months.

I had to end up taking my problems to another dealer an hour ride away. http://www.teammcc.com/ THEY ROCK.

I had a problem with the clutch -which was slipping due to a missing washer. They fixed it under warranty and IDed the problem right away and LENT ME their own rocket demo bike to use while they fixed mine.

When you buy a motorcycle which with all the accessories I have on it costs as much as a mid-sized car, than you should be treated well by the dealer. And MCC is great.

OLD TOWN MOTORCYCLE AND MOTOPLEX OF JOLIET should have their licenses taken away.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Can't agree enough about MCC. Always been good to me. I travel from St. Louis up there to buy my bikes and get service done.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I was in their store twice looking at Tigers last year. Nobody even talked to me. Bought my Daytona at South Suburban in South Chicago Heights. Great service. You have to be sure of what you get AFTER the bike leaves the shop. I'll pay a little more to know that real mechanics did a final inspection of my bike before I take it.
SST

[ This message was edited by: Brooksie on 2007-01-03 12:24 ]

G

·
I think the worst dealer is somwhere in So CAL but I cant say because my post got deleated last time by the all powerful TRIUMPH, But still I love my bike just wish the fastners werent so cheap that the allen heads strip out the first time you try to take off a part.

·
Registered
899 Posts
When I was looking for a Daytona, I called the Joliet dealer and asked some simple questions on the phone about basic OTD price, service and the salesman wouldn't give me any info without getting a life history. He copped a real attitude because I told him I just wanted to compare price and service and my personal information wasn't important at that time. I ended up hanging up on him and called MCC. MCC is a great dealer and goes out of their way to try and give you what you want. They made a few legit errors in my purchase and made it very very right for me. It really is a shame that dealers aren't held more accountable for their poor treatment of customers and potential customers (Joliet). I may have to ride a long way to get to MCC, but at least I know I'll get the service I want.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Though not entirely the dealer's fault (I think), my ST has been in the shop for two months. It got damaged in a tip-over and had to have the right side upper cowling, mid fairing, pannier, pannier bracket, rider peg and brake lever replaced.

I picked up the bike in early February (thinking they were done) and had to take it right back because the shop had missed the damaged pannier rail. And the inside half of the pannier was damaged in shipping. So the mechanic used the old half (the damaged one) putting it on with the new outer half :???: . I had to point out the the inner half was damaged (latch got crunched), that's why the new piece was ordered (duh!). So they had to re-order that piece, plus the bracket and I'm still waiting for all that to come in, several weeks later.

The factory forgot to include the small Union Jack that goes on the mid-fairing, still waiting on that piece. And I had to ask 4 times to have the forks realigned, at least that finally got done.

So a mishap that took seconds to cause damage has turned into an agonizingly long wait. I've been very patient, but this is wearing thin. And I miss my bike :(

My sympathies and understanding are with you.

·
Banned
100 Posts
I 90 Motorsports in Issquah Washington....if your ever in the Northwest and want to go somewhere where they are passionate but not obnoxious, friendly but not pushy and want to get the deal done....check em out.

The two guys at the desks when you first walk (Frank is to the right and Don (?) is to the left) in greet you and are a blast to chat with.

To I 90 Motorsports :chug:

·
Registered
4 Posts
This sounds like a really bad dealer. I believe it's twin is in Palm Bay Florida. House of Power is the name of it.

Their service dept. is HORRIBLE. they constantly lose parts when they work on your bike. They actually dropped my bike, cracked the left fairing and gave the bike back to me without saying anything.

I've ordered parts (paid in advance) and they have lost my order and/or lost my NEW parts.

Ironically, prior to this dealrship being called "House of Power" it was called "CONS". No sh##!! CONS...they should have kept the name..

·
Registered
324 Posts
when you said Joilet I thought you meant toilet. lol. My dealer 500 metres down the road ignored me four times. That was enough to fly 1 hr north to another dealer and take a 24 hr cross country ride home. Most enjoyable. The only trouble was that the local dealer thought it was strang that he didn't sell the bike when I came into the workshop for the run in service. He is so disorgansied that he couldn't remembe rif he sold it to me or not. Dumb dumb dumb.

·
Registered
187 Posts
On 2007-01-02 18:46, Brooksie wrote:
I was in their store twice looking at Tigers last year. Nobody even talked to me. Bought my Daytona at South Suburban in South Chicago Heights. Great service. You have to be sure of what you get AFTER the bike leaves the shop. I'll pay a little more to know that real mechanics did a final inspection of my bike before I take it.
SST
Well, that was one main reason I decided to buy at MCC. They're very nice people - if you talk to them. If they recognize you, they will treat you like family (even if you haven't bought there before). But, if you're just looking they leave you alone.

At least that's my take on it.

MCC was the last place I looked for a bike. But, it was the very first place where I didn't get harassed by a salesman when I was figiding with a bike. Once I approached the guy (Greg) he was very knowledgable, kind, insightful and very down to Earth and laid back. I truely believe that they look at it as "the bike will sell itself."

That's the main reason why I bought from them - I didn't get hounded like I did at all the other dealerships. Plus they can come down on price too.

MCC is great.

G

·
Amen on the House of Power in Palm Bay. If you want an ATV they can talk to you. Triumph? Nah. These folks are strictly 4-wheel.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow, I was on Hiatus for past 6 months and just ran across this gem.

I bought my 2006 S3 from this dealership last summer--actually, on the day of the PR Parade day at the Old Towne location in downtown Chicago.

First major issue--the dealer didn't have a proper loading area, nor did they have a loading ramp. The only ramp I had was for quads and we struggled to get it in (even after they said they could bring one from the Joliet location).

Also, they didn't have any temporary tags at the location--not to mention, they did not have the manual or the spare key with them at the location, either. I drove in from Michigan to buy the bike (they were the only one with the Neon Blue I liked) and the price was great...but since this was an out of state deal...it took them 3 weeks to mail the cert of origination which would allow me to register the bike in Michigan. They played dumb and messed with me for the whole time...if they needed to put a hold on until the check cleared, I can understand, but don't play stupid, really.

In the end, I saved 2K on the cost, received about $400 of free merchandise and an agonizing 3 weeks waiting to ride a bike I didn't even have a temporary tag for....

Next time I'll know better. :(

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Before I purchased my '07 Bonnie Black at MCC, I first spoek to Joliet as they were the closest to my home. The Salesman lied to me and said it was impossible to get an '07 as they were all sold out. But he "did have other bikes to show me". Mcc ordered one for me and had it in one week!
I figured - if the Sales guy lies to you at the onset, what is the remainder of the relationship going to be like. Run, run fast.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also went to motoplex in Joliet. The first time there I felt like I was bothering the guy by being there. Since it was close to closing time, I shrugged it off. The second time, I went there with the wife and kids, one 4 yrs old, one almost 3. This time their other section was open, where they had the sprints on display. I walked in there with the family, and as we were looking at the bikes, one of the managers went into a profanity filled rampage at another employee. No concern at all that children were present. We left that area and went into the main area where the manager appeared later, and from a distance, apologized. Through all of this, nobody came over to talk to me about buying a motorcycle. I ended up buying mine from South Suburban. I did go to MCC and was treated very well, but I was shopping for a price, and they were the first shop I visited. I agree Triumph should pull Motoplex's licence to sell Triumph.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts