Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the TORs on my otherwise stock Legend -00.
A/F screws are out about 3 turns and when it is warm it answers the throttle good, but the right hand side cylinder does not get as hot as the other two, it takes a while. I will sync the carbs, but it runs good.
I drove it with the other mufflers then the cylinders where equally hot, since I switched to TOR´s and rode it it was 3 days, so I do not think the carbs are fouled.

Could it be that the A/F screw on the right cylinder isn´t exactly as the other two?
Think it´s too soon to pull the new plugs to check, just wanna know if it is something to worry about.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Doesn't sound like you are noticing something dramatic. And its hard to really tell how much hotter/cooler 1 cylinder is from another. Ride the thing. Do pull and compare the outer plugs (the easy ones) if you're worried, then get on with enjoying your machine.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing yet, the links you provided does not work.
I talked to a local Triumph dealer and I am going to let them adjust the valves and sync the carburettors and then put in larger mains and adjust the mixture screws with a gas analyser, all this will no cost more than about 300$.

When it comes to TOR´s and otherwise stock airfilter etc, they usually put in 102,5 mains and 3 turns on the mixture screws, according to them they run fine after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts