Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only shop manual I can find so far for our '95 TB is a Haynes #2162 for the '91-04 750-900 triples. Is that all there is? is this what most everyone here uses?

I live out of the Factory Service Manual and Parts Book for my '72 Harley and would be lost without it. I also have the smaller Clymer's manual for the easy, routine and spec reference stuff.

Is Haynes all there is? No Clymer's, Chiltons or factory readily available and affordable?

Just starting on a '95 TB and need to put the carbs, ac, batt and sides back on. Not a hard puzzle but without any hardware from the PO, a service and exploded parts manual sure would come in handy! :(

As for the Haynes manual, found one new for like $30usd shipped. Figure 'bout right?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the Haynes Triumphs Triples & Fours (carburetter engines) '01 to '99. I also have the factory manual on CD that I bought on ebay years ago. I haven't looked on ebay recently, but you might try there.

I like the CD version because I can print the pages I need, and if (when) they greasy or dirty, it ain't no big deal.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Try this:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Triumph-Service-Trident-Thunderbird-Adventurer/dp/B001EBLATY/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1319992239&sr=8-16[/ame]

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I also have the factory manual on CD that I bought on ebay years ago.
The factory do not offer the manual on CD. Only supply as a ring binder. This CD must be a "knock off", probably scanned but unlikely to be up-to-date.

Also the offering on Amazon - "Triumph Service Manual (Trophy / Trident / Daytona / Daytona Super 3 / Sprint / Tiger / Speed Triple / Thunderbird / Adventurer) [Paperback] Triumph (Author)" can not be genuine as Triumph do not offer a manual that covers all models ie the factory manuals are model specific. eg The Tiger 1050 manual covers only the Tiger 1050. Also, except for the very early models such as the Trophy 900, none of the manuals are paperback.

The Triumph factory manuals are very good, very clear and comprehensive including excellent line drawings but are basically aimed at the dealers workshop and technicians. They assume a degree of prior knowledge. They cost about $100 ea in the US. However, they are imperative if you are undertaking any serious repairs.

Haynes manuals are more basic with poor quality photographs but perhaps easier to understand for the home mechanic and are quite good enough for general servicing and running repairs.

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
The factory do not offer the manual on CD. Only supply as a ring binder.

Also the offering on Amazon - "Triumph Service Manual (Trophy / Trident / Daytona / Daytona Super 3 / Sprint / Tiger / Speed Triple / Thunderbird / Adventurer) [Paperback] Triumph (Author)" can not be genuine as Triumph do not offer a manual that covers all models

none of the manuals are paperback.

I have to disagree with you. There is one manual for all of the 885cc models (as listed above), and it's paperback. I have one.

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Slinky's right My Factory manual also covers all T3 models.
(Trophy / Trident / Daytona / Daytona Super 3 / Sprint / Tiger / Speed Triple / Thunderbird / Adventurer)
I think later models are more like one or 2 models per book, but the T3's were so similar that one book was very practical.

It's a good thing to have the Haynes one also.

YMMV

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I have to disagree with you. There is one manual for all of the 885cc models (as listed above), and it's paperback. I have one.
Yes, I agree with you. But it only covers 885 models. It does not cover 955 models or 1050 models or 675 models or 800 models. As I said, the only paperback manuals are for the very first Hinckley versions. All later ones a loose leaf with a ring binder and are model specific.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never used Aamzon but Ms B has.

There is a paperback listed that covers the many triples. Says it author is Triumph and list a PN of 3850300. Used looks like about $41usd. Nothing on CD currently but the CD manuals sure are handy! Downloaded multiple .PDFs for FREE for my son's CBR600F Hurricane! . That will spoil you!

In summary, looks like the used $41 "FSM" is a far better deal over a $35 Haynes. Any FSM first and snag a used Haynes off eBay sometime later for fill in?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just snagged a used Haynes manual off eBay for $10.83 shipped. I like the used manuals as the greasy pages tend to be the sections you need to read first! :D

I'm gonna get the bike on Mon and should have the Haynes by the time I get back in town on Friday. Will do a look and see if the simple Haynes will do me for now. I'll have Ms B search for more factory manuals on Amazon too while I am on the road.

Thanks for all your help and advise here folks. Nice forum!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts