Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just purchased a new Tiger 900GT Pro. Trying to buy the workshop manual with no luck. Understand Triumph does not sell them but rents by the hour, Come on man!!!

I have NEW IN BOX sliding carriage kit from triumph, part no A9500640 that is needed to mount the triumph or Givi expedition top box. Its worth about 250 Canadian or so.

Will trade straight across for a workshop manual either the pdf, the file on a memory stick, prefferred or an email attachment I can print out.

Thanks Roger

·
Registered
125 Posts

Read on here , you can download but takes a bit of time and some pennies

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Tiger 900 GT Pro Svartpilen 401
1,300 Posts
There was a post a few months ago (I'm not sure about the time) where somebody said the Tritun site had not only been remodelled but the name had been changed as well, I think to something with 'Triumph' in the name. A forum search might turn up more info.

Found it. Post #92 in this thread

·
Registered
Tiger 900
27 Posts
Yep. I just bought my Tiger too and realized it is now a majorly different website under Triumph Technical Information. You will not be able to use a browser add-on to download and they prevent printing the page as well.

Of course there’s always a way… but they obviously have done their share to limit downloads so you continue paying for monthly subscription.

·
Registered
Tiger 900
27 Posts
You need to subscribe, with a vin. The charge is $8.32 per month. From what I’ve just read, you can print chapters to pdf. There will be a lot of files. Perhaps you could merge them into a single document. Check this out (post #11)

TRITUN Service Manual download - page 2 - General Maintenance and Servicing - Triumph Tiger 800 Forum
I have paid the $8 and subscribed with my vin. I can view and navigate through the manual, but there is no download or print option regardless of which browser or which add-ons I use. I believe the website has changed recently to prevent downloads.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
I have paid the $8 and subscribed with my vin. I can view and navigate through the manual, but there is no download or print option regardless of which browser or which add-ons I use. I believe the website has changed recently to prevent downloads.
No printing? This is extortion.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I found the same thing and wasn't sure if I did it right in both Waterfox & Firefox...

I see I am not the only one.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Maybe do screen shot/ screen capture of each page? tiresome but perhaps it is the only way. Or at least, the easiest way to get a few pages. But I think it is somehow... not dishonest, but really disrespectful to make it impossible for owners to get this sort of information.

• Sad
Reactions: TimmyTheHog

·
Registered
Tiger 900
27 Posts
No printing? This is extortion.
Yes, it is!

Maybe do screen shot/ screen capture of each page? tiresome but perhaps it is the only way. Or at least, the easiest way to get a few pages. But I think it is somehow... not dishonest, but really disrespectful to make it impossible for owners to get this sort of information.
I agree it is not a very consumer-friendly approach. I would happily pay 50 or 75 dollars for an actual service manual that I could either fully download or get a physical loose-leaf. But this is the first vehicle I've owned where the option doesn't exist.

So that being said and me being a web developer, I have been forced to using a bunch of trickery on their site to manually print the pages to PDF one by one. It just takes a very long time and isn't something that everyone would be able to do. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome to the brave New world , for Triumph & the dealers it makes sense, they already have the computer system for ecu, tft updates and key & immobiliser coding plugged back to Mother. Service manuals are expensive to print also this way updates to the manuals when there is a model improvement can be done instantaneously and cheaply.
Long gone are the days that you're encouraged to spanner yourself , just look at any owners manual and they all say the same , any light on and "take to the nearest service centre"

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I do hate the monthly payment, at least the price is now by month before was by hour
but the print was disabled :(
I subscribed read what I needed, took a few screen captures and then paused before the month was over

1 - 20 of 41 Posts