Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i changed the h/bars on my 2006 sprint st for the later model higher bars , they came with the throttle cables already attached so i took the originals off and put the replacement ones on , all back together with longer clutch cable and longer brake line all good, BUT the engine management light is on and it wont run properly the fueling is all over the place and it wont idle properly ,its like it is in limp home mode? obviously something to do with removing the throttle cables as it was perfect before i changed them , have double checked all hoses for kinks etc and electrical connections , it smells like its running rich? all opinions and advice received with thanks CHEERS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the code it is throwing?
i dont know , i have no electronic diagnostic equipment ? the yellow engine management light is on and it just does not run as it should, before i took the throttle cables off it ran perfect , really good fueling , as smooth as you could find on any bike

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Get the cable and TuneECU as otherwise you're just guessing.
If you have a laptop the free version of TuneECU will work just fine for that bike.

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
If you removed the airbox to route the cables then check that you reconnected the MAP Sensor. Very easy to forget to connect the vacuum hose to the bottom of the sensor. That would trigger a Check Engine Light with an error code P1105.

The Intake Air Temperature Sensor is another one but not missed as often because it's more obvious.

MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) Sensor sits on top of the airbox.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YOU SIR ............................ARE AN ABSOLUTE STAR, that`s exactly what i had done, i so it straight away after looking at your reply went straight to the bike and looked , all sorted back to running as it should AND engine management light has gone out , THANK YOU VERY MUCH, you have saved me quite a few bucks there, trouble is we are locked down and i cant go any where on it !!!! ah well , its sorted, thanks

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
You beat me to it!
I remembered that line when I was riding Sir Costalot into work today.
That's an easy one to miss (I did it once so won't do it again).

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
.......all sorted back to running as it should AND engine management light has gone out....
That's what the forum is for. Glad you got it sorted. It's an easy mistake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts