Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Trident 660
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new 660, and if i stop fairly fast, pull in the clutch, then after coming to a complete stop, the bike will not go into first gear... it can got into 2nd, - 6th and back down, but not N and first
I have spoken to the service dept. and they asked "is it a new bike then yes, they can do that...." - i just have to take off in 2nd.
Is this a normal thing, or just a triumph normal run-in issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I stopped being able to find neutral on mine. Solution was to adjust clutch lever so it pulled the cable a bit further.

·
Registered
2021 Trident 660
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I stopped being able to find neutral on mine. Solution was to adjust clutch lever so it pulled the cable a bit further.
Thanks i get that done on its first service...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are you downshifting while you are coming to a stop or are you coming to a full stop and then trying to shift through the gears to first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS
530 Posts
Motorcycle transmissions are kinda finicky. If you are stopped, you might not be able to shift through the gears cleanly. Sometimes it just won't do it without letting off the clutch a bit then pulling it in again. Also, rolling the bike with your feet can help.

Ideally, you'd downshift while you are slowing down to avoid this problem. Does your bike shift smoothly and easily if you downshift while slowing to a stop? If so, you might just be noticing the finicky nature of motorcycle transmissions. They prefer to be moving when shifting through the gears.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have you tried letting go of lever then pressing it again and then push the shifter? Whenever this happens to me I do this simple thing and 1st slips in first try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts