Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to sell this, but am curious to know what it might be worth. It's a 1970 original Workshop Manual for the 650 in pristine condition. It still has the timing wheel in it.

Anybody got any ideas?

Putt

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Very nice !

Certainly nicer than the PDF that's being passed around. Although I took my downloaded PDF file to the copy store and got all pages printed double-sided and slipped then into clear page-protectors. All of this went into a high quality three ring binder and I too have a nice shop manual.

Your's is original and would be very valuable to me - I think you can buy one for $30(?). But I don't know what shape they're in.

You have a true treasure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a 1970 Bonneville from a guy (the numbers say '69 but the title says '70) and I bought a parts manual and workshop manual from ebay. (really cheap, but but nice copies) Then, the guy gives me this original manual. He had told me he had the owner's manual but I wasn't expecting this.

Poor guy is a crackhead. Had over $1500.00 worth of engine work done and his wife kicked him out of the house. I got the bike for $500.00. All original parts except for crazy long fork tubes, old king & queen seat that looks like it might have been for an old 750 Honda, and a sissy bar that's bolted at the front and has hose clamps holding up the rear.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Side stand !

I bought a 1970 Bonneville from a guy (the numbers say '69 but the title says '70) and I bought a parts manual and workshop manual from ebay. (really cheap, but but nice copies) Then, the guy gives me this original manual. He had told me he had the owner's manual but I wasn't expecting this.

Poor guy is a crackhead. Had over $1500.00 worth of engine work done and his wife kicked him out of the house. I got the bike for $500.00. All original parts except for crazy long fork tubes, old king & queen seat that looks like it might have been for an old 750 Honda, and a sissy bar that's bolted at the front and has hose clamps holding up the rear.

Wow! Look at that side stand !

Despite some of the oddities, that's a lot of value for $500!! Good going !

·
Registered
53 Posts

The bike itself looks pretty good project, the sidestand.....Crazy!. that would have to go! almost as bad as the one that came on mine, looked like a woman's leg with heels!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bike itself looks pretty good project, the sidestand.....Crazy!. that would have to go! almost as bad as the one that came on mine, looked like a woman's leg with heels!

Yeah, it reminds me of the gas pedal I just had to have in my '66 Chevy van back in the day. It'll probably go. It wouldn't fit after I put on the hardtail and shorten the forks anyway.

Putt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd gladly give $30 for the manual, seriously.

e-mail me if a few more bucks will persuade you...

[email protected]
I appreciate the offer, but it's not for sale. As far as I can tell, it's pretty rare. Check out this buckle. I've had it since 1978, when I had an old '58 pre-unit 650 Tiger. No, it's not for sale either. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts