Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 t214
Motorcycle sat outside in the cold. I assumed it was the battery given its old. Everything clicks on, gauges, etc. Try to start and headlight dims but no start.

Did put it on tender until it turned green.

Bought new battery, same behavior.

Where should I look?

thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2015 t214
Motorcycle sat outside in the cold. I assumed it was the battery given its old. Everything clicks on, gauges, etc. Try to start and headlight dims but no start.

Did put it on tender until it turned green.

Bought new battery, same behavior.

Where should I look?

thanks
I thought about the safety switches, but the seem to be working correctly. If I don’t pull in the clutch, kickstand up or in gear, nothing happens. Normal situations the headlight dims, but nothing ever happens.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I’ll take a look. Also need to check wire at starter. Just feels like something simple

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Starter is solid connection. I need to be more methodical. i feel like it isn’t an interlock since when I dont pull in the clutch, nothing happens. When I do, there is a click and the lights dim

·
Registered
452 Posts
Could be a solenoid. Specially if you don't even hear a click when pressing the start button
Surprisingly, most of the electrical things are not waterproof.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I get frustrated with this stuff, so I looked a little everyday. Went to the beginning. Battery ok and tight. Checked some fuses, and they were ok. Went to the relay...one of the small wires was cut in half. Seems like it was shoved up in there tight and maybe wore out on one of the edges. So, I'm splicing in a new piece.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts