Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hehehe i'm addicted, well that was 2nd gear mostly on the last vid i clicked 3rd but that doesn't always work, i'm still gettin it down. but that's what practice is for, and it's power, i never clutch,, people say clutch is better, but i feel i've got way more control powering it up and it doesn't feel like like i'm destroying my clutch. triple,, you have no idea how bad i want a helmet cam, but that might be awhile.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crash pics didn't happen, we were somewhat more preoccupied with getting out of there before we saw the flashing lights, wouldn't want to add some 400-600 dollers to the hospital bill. ambulance ride and all, maybe i'll go back and take some pics of the turn for ya all.

tonup,, i'ld love to make it up there, vt is one of my favorite places i've ever been too. the people are good the roads are amazing and fall is georgeous.

btw,, where the hell is corners,, i finally get some pics up that worthy of being added to his signature and he's nowhere to be found.

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
nice jr, look'n good! Nevermind my post in yer other thread, sometimes the cheapster is just lazy and doesn't look good. :hammer: :-D This is the best pic, hands down, looks like ya got her balanced right there! :-D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Ok, jr. I tried powering it up in second with no luck, can clutch it up. So how yer doin' it and what sprockets you got. :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On 2006-11-27 00:35, ChowYunFatt wrote:
Wish I could do that...Think I'm goona need my Balls replaced... :(
well, as chair of wmd dept. of testing and testicals, i can certainly look into that for you, apparently in montreal there's a clinic that can give you balls even if you weren't born with em, (so say's the whyy)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On 2006-11-26 21:08, Limey wrote:
Ok, jr. I tried powering it up in second with no luck, can clutch it up. So how yer doin' it and what sprockets you got. :)
alright lime-away, :razz: i think i miss spelled that somehow, i'm running a stock rear sprocket, and a 17 tooth front sprocket, hopefully christmas will bring me a 45 rear so i can power up third. i could pwer 2nd in stock sprockets too. however, at first i couldn't nail it every time, i had a 40-60 nail to not nail ratio. but i feel now i hit it 95 percent of the time.
2nd gear, 30/35/40 miles an hour, easiest is probably just above 35 like 37. throttle open to maintain said speed, in a fluid motion let off throttle all the way, in a fast as i can way open throttle fully, your useing a little bit of front rebound to help the process, i find that arm position is key to sticking it properly, i use a pushing with my thighs and pulling with my arms, but don't lift your arse, you want that planted. in as soon as the throttle is wide open, you should be pulling up in the same motion, or at the same time sorta,,,,as you can see in the pics my chest is pretty much on the tank,, once i'm up,, if i want to carry it for a long time i hit balance point and then let my arms out and lean back, it's a little scary. but i was trying for highest oclock in the pics so keeping weight forward was key,, you can see in pic #2 i'm actually quite close to vertical.
try it uphill,, oh wait your in fla. nevermind. :-D :-D ,,
if your still having trouble, sit back farther, but keep on that rear brake, just incase. i can usually carry it out to about 90 or so,, to bad that's where my gixx friends lift it up at and carry it to 140. i think ton up said he could power 3rd at some point, i did it once, on a steep up hill, hit the crest and thought i was dead when my bike went areborne. :hammer: :hammer:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I got it to power up in 2nd, hehe. thanks for the tips JR. :-D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts