Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about this for a new model. Wouldn't it be great?

In 2010 Triumph releases a new light weight 675 weekend sports tourer as an upmarket competitor to the SV650S and Kawazki 650R. (There is nothing in this niche that is fun to ride).

Designed for riders who do motorway travelling or go touring for a couple of weeks a year but still want the fun of a light sporting bike for the other 50 weeks of the year.

Primarily designed for a rider without pillion passenger (If you want to take a pillion there are already bigger Triumphs in the range).
However the seat pad will be slightly thicker to add more comfort for longer rides.
With soft luggage options (pack rack and soft panniers)
Low but quiet muffler fitting to allow panniers)
Street triple engine and chassis
R suspension option (so can tune for up varying loads)
Option of Slightly narrower handle bars than street tripple - but enough cable slack to allow wider options (not clip ons)
Bikini fairing to make bike less tiring on motorways and longer trips.
Taller gearing for better fuel economy and slightly more relaxed motorway cruising (say 4700 at 100k in sixth gear.)

The incredible sales success for the Suzuki SV650S and Kawazki 650R show that this is more than a niche opportunity. There is a huge unexploited niche for a bike in this niche with a little more quality and grin factor!

BTW. I will happily be the first customer.

Hinkley please let me know if you need my address to deliver the first prototype.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sounds like a good deal (I guess they're getting a hard time from people who don't want to pay 12K+ for the Sprint ST)...but I would really like to see a Daytona 1050. I probably wouldn't buy this bike, but a liter Daytona would be in my garage come hell or high-water.

·
Registered
198 Posts
How about this for a new model. Wouldn't it be great?

In 2010 Triumph releases a new light weight 675 weekend sports tourer as an upmarket competitor to the SV650S and Kawazki 650R. (There is nothing in this niche that is fun to ride).

Designed for riders who do motorway travelling or go touring for a couple of weeks a year but still want the fun of a light sporting bike for the other 50 weeks of the year.

Primarily designed for a rider without pillion passenger (If you want to take a pillion there are already bigger Triumphs in the range).
However the seat pad will be slightly thicker to add more comfort for longer rides.
With soft luggage options (pack rack and soft panniers)
Low but quiet muffler fitting to allow panniers)
Street triple engine and chassis
R suspension option (so can tune for up varying loads)
Option of Slightly narrower handle bars than street tripple - but enough cable slack to allow wider options (not clip ons)
Bikini fairing to make bike less tiring on motorways and longer trips.
Taller gearing for better fuel economy and slightly more relaxed motorway cruising (say 4700 at 100k in sixth gear.)

The incredible sales success for the Suzuki SV650S and Kawazki 650R show that this is more than a niche opportunity. There is a huge unexploited niche for a bike in this niche with a little more quality and grin factor!

BTW. I will happily be the first customer.

Hinkley please let me know if you need my address to deliver the first prototype.
The word on the grapevine, mainly from the sad bike spotters lurking round the Hinckley factory is the baby 675 Tiger has been seen & is undergoing road tests & likely to break official cover next year !
Hence you may well be pleased.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The word on the grapevine, mainly from the sad bike spotters lurking round the Hinckley factory is the baby 675 Tiger has been seen & is undergoing road tests & likely to break official cover next year !
Hence you may well be pleased.....
Great, Hope they err more to the sports side than the adventure side liek they did with teh Kawazaki 650R. Hopefully the think the world doesn't want an up market big pig ugly Suzuki 650 VStrom

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found this:

:)
:beerchug:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Looks great. I am sure that this would find a lot of customers for this who don't want to buy Kawazaki 650Rs and SV650SF's.

Where did you find it?

It looks like a great artists impression. Strange that they didn't put the exhausts lower to accomodate panniers?

I would think that it is only an artists impression except someone I know who used to work in the triumph network hinted at a 675 tiger a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts