Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
maybe it’s getting power from the pick up coil the blue and white wire. I bought my book in England when I lived there. is this the same as yours? does it look the same?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Also it’s not uncommon for wires to short out or find resistance randomly in the wire and it break from burning up. i’m sure you know that and that has happened once before on my bike after I rewired it. that could be what is wrong with yours

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also it’s not uncommon for wires to short out or find resistance randomly in the wire and it break from burning up. i’m sure you know that and that has happened once before on my bike after I rewired it. that could be what is wrong with yours
Yes, I have the same Haynes manual - the wires aren't color coded on the ICU - but, I just purchased an online Triumph workshop manual ( may be bootleg ) but the pinout seems to line up with my project- What would help me more at this point is to know all the redundant ( in my opinion ) switches you unplugged or had to bypass etc. The Sidestand switch for example on my project has no fire going to the connector BUT if your bike runs without it ... I'm looking toward a fuse box feed issue I think.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The link you just sent me is helmets. and I just looked at the manual I have my wiring harness on the floor and the two wires from the alternator the black and red wires plugs into another connector that is the blue and white and pink and black wires and they run all the way to the ICU and I think those are power

·
Registered
61 Posts
The link you just sent me is helmets. and I just looked at the manual I have my wiring harness on the floor and the two wires from the alternator the black and red wires plugs into another connector that is the blue and white and pink and black wires and they run all the way to the ICU and I think those are power
Okay - that helps - Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
As you posted some of the pinouts from the ICU these bikes do not take a lot of wiring to run if it weren't for the ICU. the ICU isnt even really complicated it just that some of those wires run through other circuits (unnecessarily honestly) and if those contacts aren't made nothing will happen.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I wish that was available for the 2006 America. I paid for it on the Triumph site and then when I went to download it it said its only available to order through the mail as a paper copy. wasted money for the site to not tell me it wasnt available digitally until after I paid

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mine is an America. I have never heard of an America Super before. Mine is known as a 2006 "Bonneville America" and is carbureted. It's the last year the America was known as a Bonneville

21 - 40 of 78 Posts