Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Well, I can't stop buying stuff for the upcoming tours that are happening this year.

As posted in another thread, got the Coocase top box and a Cruise control on the way and thought that was it for the spendin.

Then saw the Oregon ATC3K wireless video camera on ebay. Unable to control myself I clicked 'Buy Now'. Reckon it will be fun to play around with....ride all day and review the days events with a beer at night.

Ebay link here

·
Registered
240 Posts
It will be interesting to see the on-bike footage, depending on what style of riding you do. I have a mate who mounted a camera to his bike ( GSXR 1000 ) and most of the time we were watching the clouds with the occasional look at the road.:D
Is your camera bike mounted or helmet ?
It will be good to film the cops if they stop you !

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be interesting to see the on-bike footage, depending on what style of riding you do. I have a mate who mounted a camera to his bike ( GSXR 1000 ) and most of the time we were watching the clouds with the occasional look at the road.:D
Is your camera bike mounted or helmet ?
It will be good to film the cops if they stop you !
Well, I had the cops stop me once....he T-boned me cutting across the road without looking....wish I had that on video, my pay-out may have been larger :)

Has the helmet mount, handle mount and a few other bits and pieces...but I really want to try and mount it to the R&G slider on the side of the bike...get the low down angle of the dangle. Shall do some test runs before touring to make sure It's all setup ok.

Looking forward to the Alpine route in Victoria, did that last year and have been hanging out to get back. So lookout Victoria, the South Oz boyz are coming back for more...!

·
Registered
83 Posts
These camera's are great. A mate of mine bought this one from Ebay and the picture & sound quality is good.

They take a beating too.......... the camera was mounted on the swingarm of my Z1000 and came off at about 120k and bounced down the road. It still recorded as it was bouncing down the road.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
That looks great. I guess for a week away you would need to take a laptop to upload your footage and clear the SD card(s), unless you can afford a whole bunch of cards!

I'd be interested in your results from testing...

Cheers,

Roden

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks great. I guess for a week away you would need to take a laptop to upload your footage and clear the SD card(s), unless you can afford a whole bunch of cards!

I'd be interested in your results from testing...

Cheers,

Roden
Hi mate, The local computer chop shop has the 4Gb SD's for $20 each, so will grab a few for the trip. One of the guys coming along has a small factor laptop he will bring on the ride.

The tour is not til the end of March...so in the mean time I'll get this on the bike and do a few squirts around the Adelaide hills and post the results.

Might not be this weekend as Adelaide is having a heatwave at the moment...40+ degrees celcius all week.....which might be continue til next week....aaaargh, T'is hot, hot, hot.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Yeah, hot all right, I saw on the news, 45.8C in Adelaide! For all you blokes not metricated, that's around 120F. Melbourne's copping it too.

Up here in Brissy we get a nice balmy 30C. It doesn't seem right does it?

Keep cool lads and keep up the fluids!

Cheers,

Roden

·
Registered
450 Posts
...Might not be this weekend as Adelaide is having a heatwave at the moment...40+ degrees celcius all week.....which might be continue til next week....aaaargh, T'is hot, hot, hot.
Don't know what's worse: +40 C or -28 C. Neither temp let's you ride.

I'd like to see those clips when you're done:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts