Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone help identify these connections and wires for me please, they are situated under the tank and behind the air box. It’s a 1999 sprint st 955 and the previous owner has street figh-turd the bike so I’m trying to figure out what’s what. It’s the black single curly wire. The black connector is the same fitting as the one in the front of the alternator if that helps at all. There’s some more in front of the air box too but I think they are all from the missing tach/temp and fuel dials and such.the one that’s yellow inside comes from the end of the fuel injection bar but not sure where it should go to? Any help is much appreciated thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The first one may be the alternator connector. But given you state there's another one from the alternator :dunno. Cooling fan?
Second one: Purge valve for California emission regulation.
Third one: aux power plug (not sure though)
The last one is easy: fuel sender.

I'm surprised regarding the connector you said was coming from the fuel rail.
See here.

Fred

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is it supposed to be plugged in tho? The wiring on this bike seems to have been tampered with a lot and I cannot find any obvious place where there is a connection it matches too. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this year bike? Would be nice to check what’s missing and would help when fitting the new headlight and things.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
wondering if the black one might be the auxiliary power plug supposed to be connected to that:

see here

So the yellow one may be the GPS connector. I can't find a good picture to confirm that.
Maybe some info here.

Connector are available at easternbever

Fred

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been a while since I worked on the bike.
Seems like the black connector(OP picture 1) would fit the auxiliary power plug, although I saw a picture with the same connector on a sensor just above the kick stand. Had a look and under an inch of grime I found the sensor it would fit to in the same place as the pciture I saw but the plug doesnt quite reach, it can touch but not close enough to plug it in :/
could be the harness needs a jiggle around or that its not for this, the connector has both sides wired and it would only attatch one side on the sensor so most likely not, but that begs the question whats this sensor and wheres the wire that connects to it? >.<

Picture 4 goes to the Fuel sender, figured out where that should be but mine has had the wire chopped off(or fallen off naturaly over time) so the fuel sender needs replacing later down the line.

Picture 3 still is a mystery, it doesnt come from the fuel inection bar as I originally said but from the wires running from the fuel injectors them selves, took a better picture of it here to try make sense of its location a bit better.
It comes from the harness, plugs into the 3 injectors and then continues to this connector, can't find the counterpart anywhere within an area it would reach too, anyone have any ideas what its for?

Also found 2 new ones to diagnose, these are both from the right side of the airbox

On a positive note I managed to bodge the IACV hoses up using a combination of exhaust paste, blue painters tape and super glue(temp solution to check if they were the problem) remapped with TuneEcu & the idle isn't high anymore. YAY! Also got the manual delivered so going to have a look threw tomorrow see if I can make heads or tails of whats happened in the front end when the previous owner did the headlight & speedo. I've got a new one sat ready to install but its like spaghetti junction, but thats a story for another thread 😂

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay managed to figure them all out myself using the manual. The black plug in picture one is indeed for the accessory power plug.
Picture 2(in 2nd post) is the Lambda Sensor.
Picture 3(in 2nd post) the black one is the Throttle Position Sensor, dirt was stopping it from staying connected which is why I never noticed it before(it just fell out today) so a quick clean and its back in. The grey one is the Purge Control Valve.

Picture 2(Original post) the curley wire is Black with Grey stripe, manual indicates this to be the Neutral switch, I'm taking a guess and saying thats what the sensor above the side stand is, unless anyone knows different? I would test fit bit like most things as it seems on this bike the ends been chopped off 😂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts